2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TChopeful2021

Distinguished Member
Mar 21, 2020
PFO from HSF for summer vac scheme. Applied on the deadline and sat the test a few days after. Tbh, this one hurt. I really enjoyed their first year workshop and spent a very long time on their app. Feeling quite disappointed right now because I genuinely thought my application was stronger than last year and I actually stood a chance.

Oh well. Hopefully next year while I work on improving everything.

Good luck to everyone else.

jds555

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 26, 2019
Yes please do ask any questions :). It was by far the longest first year scheme application I made.

I was just happy to go all the way! The video interview was fairly challenging. It will
Probably be different for the VS though.

PWC will probably get back to us from the first week of February!

Good luck!!!
Thanks Sanj. Well I just got told I have to do all of the tests apparently including the game and the numerical reasoning test which I am terrible. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Jessica444

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Just had an e-mail from RPC... I was expecting for it to be a rejection but it said I should hear back by the end of February. I know it's pessimistic but I've seen lots of people getting test invites who applied after me, and reading back over my application I don't feel like it's that strong. I'm not sure why they couldn't just give me the rejection now...

EVjuji

Valued Member
Nov 29, 2019
Just had an e-mail from RPC... I was expecting for it to be a rejection but it said I should hear back by the end of February. I know it's pessimistic but I've seen lots of people getting test invites who applied after me, and reading back over my application I don't feel like it's that strong. I'm not sure why they couldn't just give me the rejection now...

I am sorry to hear Jessica :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.