2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo M

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 6, 2020
    Just had an e-mail from RPC... I was expecting for it to be a rejection but it said I should hear back by the end of February. I know it's pessimistic but I've seen lots of people getting test invites who applied after me, and reading back over my application I don't feel like it's that strong. I'm not sure why they couldn't just give me the rejection now...
    Hey :) Try not to read into that too much, I got that email sent to me in 2019 and was still invited to do the test!

Like they say no news is still good news

• 🤝
    Reactions: ZaraB, Jessica444 and Holly

hunter

Star Member
  • Oct 30, 2020
    PFO from HSF for summer vac scheme. Applied on the deadline and sat the test a few days after. Tbh, this one hurt. I really enjoyed their first year workshop and spent a very long time on their app. Feeling quite disappointed right now because I genuinely thought my application was stronger than last year and I actually stood a chance.

Oh well. Hopefully next year while I work on improving everything.

Good luck to everyone else.
    I also got rejected for their vac scheme after doing their first year workshop. My application was checked over by a trainee who said it was good.
    My hunch is that they use the first year workshop as a first round interview of sorts. If you didn't speak up or make a point in the sessions then you're unlikely to have been noticed kinda thing. Again, it's just my view, but I think it's very much a 'did grad rec like you' vibe.

For what it's worth, I got rejected by HSF for their vac scheme but was later on offered a training contract by an elite US law firm.
    Chin up

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for the cover letter for Penningtons? "please use this opportunity to tell us about yourself and your reasons for applying to Penningtons Manches Cooper"

Usually I would include 'why law' in a cover letter but that's a separate question, so I'm a bit lost with how to talk about myself without including things I need to use in the why law question o_O

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.