I got ... Skadden's VS! :eek:

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    PFO from Willkie - submitted my application on the 26th for reference

Must admit I was kind of expecting it, I attended the open day and they did emphasise how they were accepting applications on a rolling basis

I must admit I did a little chuckle when I got the email. Not only is it very to the point as one of the users mentioned but the only reference to the firm was in the subject line, which for some reason I did not register. The actual email body itself made no reference to which firm the rejection was from and so I definitely had a moment of what’s going on.

Sorry to hear that but take the day off and tomorrow we go again that is what I do when I get a rejection I go watch movies for the rest of the day.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I really am at a loss after three cycles, I used all the resources I could get from my university careers service to TCLA, but really feels like I'm never actually going to secure anything.
    Hey hey hey, dont let this beat you up. I am sure you will get there - have you got careers service you can go to?

• Love
    Reactions: Cantab_95

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Sorry to hear that but take the day off and tomorrow we go again that is what I do when I get a rejection I go watch movies for the rest of the day.
    Really appreciate the kind advice and for any other rejection I would absolutely take it but I’ll be honest - this one really didn’t bother me because I was kind of expecting it 😂

Reactions: jan28 and Mick Channon

Cantab_95

Legendary Member
    Sep 19, 2019
    Yeah, so I used the Cambridge University careers service which was pretty good and TCLA has been very helpful with its resources and webinars. I also had several people look over my applications, and really tried to get under the skin of the process and understand what was required. But I can't for the life of me secure anything for 2 years now (I secured a VS at Slaughter and May in Feb 2019 but no TC following scheme). More than happy to be patient and learn as much as I can but feel I am slightly going in circles now aha

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    I really am at a loss after three cycles, I used all the resources I could get from my university careers service to TCLA, but really feels like I'm never actually going to secure anything.

I feel you, but (judging from your username) as a Cambridge grad I’m sure you have what it takes! Wish I could help more but feel free to message if you just need to vent :)

Reactions: Cantab_95

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 14, 2021
    In my experience I've found university careers advice incredibly subjective especially at application stage as its based on a lot of luck. I think really believing in yourself and pouring over feedback and advice from these resources along with your own intuition and talent will really go along way to help you progress further and really land those VSs/TCs. Keep pushing yourself because you will get there in the end even if it seems like a long way away now. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.