Not open for further replies.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
For people still waiting for CRS as I saw someone got a VI - I asked a friend who trained there and she says they send them out in tranches, so I'm choosing not to give up hope yet!

I agree wholeheartedly with this!! I'm the person who posted about getting the CRS VI, honestly one of the few few responses I have got so far and it means zilch that they're not all sent at the same time. I haven't heard from a host of firms where others are getting VIs left right and centre, but expect some of them to come through down the line.

Graduate recruitment don't have magic laser eyes that mean they can see through the entire paperwork stack and simultaneously decide all applications! When you haven't heard, they probably haven't read it yet!!

triggered evil eye GIF

(I'm sure they wish they did though...)

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
I'm having such a brain meltdown today, I'm applying to Russell Cooke for the Vac scheme and the apply4law portal says 'Please note that you may apply for EITHER a training contract OR a vacation scheme', I'm taking this to mean I can only apply for one of them?

Reactions: dollyparton and Zay

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm having such a brain meltdown today, I'm applying to Russell Cooke for the Vac scheme and the apply4law portal says 'Please note that you may apply for EITHER a training contract OR a vacation scheme', I'm taking this to mean I can only apply for one of them?
That’s how I read it.

• 🤝
Reactions: KerC14

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Jaysen always locked these threads at like 300 pages each year when I was applying so yeah it's insane that the cycle isn't even over yet and we're at double the number haha. Think it might also be because of how popular the forum is getting though ;)
    Back then we never had GIFs 😅

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    That's a good idea!
    I'm just worried that if I choose a completely new seat, I'd feel super lost during the scheme.
    How was your experience in private equity given that you did not have prior experience?
    I actually haven't done the VS yet so can let you know afterwards! I think for me I was thinking everyone would be in the same position (learning something new) but you do make a good point! Hopefully, the firm will give you enough background to not feel lost, I think pick what you think you'll enjoy most as this will help you do your best!

frksch

Star Member
    Jan 27, 2021
    Does anyone have any tips for how to prepare for an AC that doesn't include an interview? I have Mills and Reeve AC coming up which includes a group exercise "hackathon" (AKA a problem solving activity), and a written exercise. Any tips would be very very welcome as I'm a bit lost on how to prepare!!

Reactions: packhorse

Carmen H

Star Member
    Nov 19, 2019
    Anyone else receive this PFO from Farrer & Co? Want to see if it's automated.

"We have received an extremely large number of applications this year and have had the unenviable task of having to disappoint many excellent candidates. We are very sorry not to be able to offer you a place on our scheme and hope this does not deter you from applying for a training contract with us if you have not already done so. Applications for 2023 training contracts close on 9 July 2021"
    Do you mind me asking when you applied? I haven't received anything yet so not sure what to think

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for how to prepare for an AC that doesn't include an interview? I have Mills and Reeve AC coming up which includes a group exercise "hackathon" (AKA a problem solving activity), and a written exercise. Any tips would be very very welcome as I'm a bit lost on how to prepare!!
    Hey, I'm doing an AC for Mills & Reeve in a couple of weeks too. I have a friend who did it last year - he said that there isn't a great deal that we can prepare for. They want to see how creatively you can think on your feet and work with other people.

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 6
    Nov 9, 2020
    Also got FF Summer VS post-WG PFO. So many of my apps this cycle have been PFOs post WG - if anyone has any tips or resources for the tests then would be v grateful! I already went through most of the practise ones on JobTestPrep but clearly they haven't done the trick :(
    i find it’s helpful to ask for the mark? it might be useful to see what percentile u fell in bc sometimes it shows which areas you did well/didnt do well ! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.