2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Is it a good idea to apply for a spring scheme if your winter vac scheme application was unsuccessful pre AC? I passed the screening for NRF but failed the WGT, and I’m thinking of updating my application & practising the WGT more and apply for the spring scheme which is open to graduates.

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Is it a good idea to apply for a spring scheme if your winter vac scheme application was unsuccessful pre AC? I passed the screening for NRF but failed the WGT, and I’m thinking of updating my application & practising the WGT more and apply for the spring scheme which is open to graduates.
    You should check whether they allow you to reapply. Most firms do not allow more than one application in a cycle. That being said if grad rec allow it, and you can see the error, it’s worth applying. You may need to rewrite your application though

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    You should check whether they allow you to reapply. Most firms do not allow more than one application in a cycle. That being said if grad rec allow it, and you can see the error, it’s worth applying. You may need to rewrite your application though
    I think they do allow applications within 12 months if they are unsuccessful before assessment day. However I don’t know how much of my application to rewrite if I was successful in screening but I didn’t pass the test

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    I think they do allow applications within 12 months if they are unsuccessful before assessment day. However I don’t know how much of my application to rewrite if I was successful in screening but I didn’t pass the test
    I would say a large proportion of it in my opinion. Whilst firms dont store applications, it will be the same grad recruitment team reading it. Obviously I’m neither Grad rec or a future trainee yet so it would be better to get advice from Jessica

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.