2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NadineBusty

Valued Member
Aug 21, 2019
Identify a current commercial issue which is relevant to RPC. Please explain why you consider it to be significant to the stakeholders involved.

I was going to discuss third party funding for litigation as RPC is big on litigation. But would this be sufficiently current as it is not the newest trend?

Yes, I think this is very relevant and shows commercial awareness!!!
Go for it!

• 🤝
Reactions: 1 person

Florawilliams

Esteemed Member
Sep 17, 2020
has anyone had this problem on cv mail (taylor wessing app). 250 word answer, it says my answer is 249 words then i cannot move onto the next page as it says '
  • This field must be less 250 words in length'! even though it is?! help !

eveh1784

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
has anyone had this problem on cv mail (taylor wessing app). 250 word answer, it says my answer is 249 words then i cannot move onto the next page as it says '
  • This field must be less 250 words in length'! even though it is?! help !

Hey I seem to recall this happening to me last cycle. I think I just deleted an extra word. But definitely email Grad Rec and explain the issue if you've done everything you can and nothing helps.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    For the Willkie VI, it says they will test my 'understanding of law firms'. Is this a general question about the structure of Law Firms, how they operate etc or can I assume this is a question about my understanding of Willkie specifically? Thanks!

MZ

Esteemed Member
    Forum Winner
    Oct 7, 2020
    Hey guys, if a law firm asks you for documentation confirming how much additional time you need for your reasonable adjustments request (after you submitted evidence of diagnosis), what kind of documentation are they looking for? I was only diagnosed recently (a couple of months ago) and I haven't had any exams or assignments that needed to be completed within a short time limit since then so I've never gotten additional time and don't have any documentation regarding reasonable adjustments. My doctor doesn't seem willing to provide any documentation aside from my official diagnosis letter because he says my university will assess that themselves for exam adjustments, but in this case, it's not a university-related assessment. What can I do?

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    Hey guys, if a law firm asks you for documentation confirming how much additional time you need for your reasonable adjustments request (after you submitted evidence of diagnosis), what kind of documentation are they looking for? I was only diagnosed recently (a couple of months ago) and I haven't had any exams or assignments that needed to be completed within a short time limit since then so I've never gotten additional time and don't have any documentation regarding reasonable adjustments. My doctor doesn't seem willing to provide any documentation aside from my official diagnosis letter because he says my university will assess that themselves for exam adjustments, but in this case, it's not a university-related assessment. What can I do?

I have adhd and if that (or a different learning disability) is what you have, then, to my knowledge, you would need to have the university-related assessment your doctor mentioned. Doctor's aren't typically qualified to assess you in this way or say how much extra time you are entitled to, so you will likely have to chase up your university to book you one or find a testing centre independently.

The testing only takes about an hour or two and is less than 100 pounds if you have to pay out of pocket. Your university should cover the cost though. The report specifies exactly how certain scenarios may impact your performance and has a recommendation as to the type of accomodations you should get.

If you have a non-learning disability though, I don't know if the above would apply. Hope that helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.