Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
CMS VI invite! It says The deadline for this interview is 20 January 2021 (GMT+00:00). Does this mean that the deadline is on the 20th or the night before at midnight?

This sounds like it is on Launchpad given the wording.

If so, it actually means 23.59 on the 20th Jan

• ℹ️
Reactions: BFK and PP27

SH414

Jan 26, 2020
I don't know what mark I got - I just had an email to say that I had reached their benchmark (which I think is 70% but don't quote me on that).

I agree that it's unfair for them to only review applications of those who meet the WG benchmark. It was a fairly lengthy application to complete to potentially not even be read...

This is new for this year. Last year they reviewed your application before the WG invite. And then, if you met their benchmark, a partner would review your application.
Hey,

I dont know the specific mark but the email they sent said you have to be in the 71st percentile. I hope this helps!

RyanM1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Hey guys, does anyone know how to edit personal details on apply4law apps once you've started the application? Really don't want to have to start it again!
I think if you go to the declaration page, as if you’re ready to submit and preview the application, there should be the personal details section there which you can click and it’ll bring you to it :)

Reactions: Lawgirl123

Nadine1

Oct 20, 2020
CMS VI invite! It says The deadline for this interview is 20 January 2021 (GMT+00:00). Does this mean that the deadline is on the 20th or the night before at midnight?

Congrats on getting to the VI stage! I've just completed mine for CMS and my deadline was 18 January 2021 (GMT+00:00), meaning that today was the last day to complete the VI. I would guess that you would have to complete your VI no later than Tuesday 19th? They will send you a 24 hour warning to complete the video interview via email, I received my email a few minutes after midnight today. Good luck with your VI :)

A L

Dec 20, 2018
Don't rule it out just yet! It took me 6 weeks after doing a VI with Weil before I got given the AC when others were doing ACs before me so try and stay positive if you can. No news is definitely still good news :)

Thank you for the encouragement! If by chance you still remember, can I ask in what month you did the video interview and in what month you got invited to the AC?

C

Esteemed Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 7, 2019
I've noticed that on this AC, there is an interview with a lawyer and an interview with a partner on another day. Is this presenting the case study to the lawyer? Thank you so much for your help!
In my AC, I did the case study presentation to a member of the HR team/lawyer (I forget which one) within half an hour of submitting the written exercise on day 1. My partner interview was on day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.