2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C

Nov 15, 2020
For winter I heard back in the afternoon of the day after my AC. A lot of people found out on the day/morning after for the winter vac, but the turnaround had to be faster as the scheme was due to start a couple of weeks after. Don't stress if you haven't heard back yet - definitely doesn't mean its a no, may just mean your interviewers haven't found the time to get together and discuss yet.
Ah, that's reassuring - thank you! I'll try to stay busy and distracted and be patient then haha

Han.louise

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
May 28, 2020
Just did the Eversheds VI - feeling nervous as I may have come across as a bumbling idiot haha!
The scenarios are standard scenarios you'd expect but I'd warn you not to prepare too much as the questions require tailored answers to the situation.
Are there no competency questions?

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    Is it too late to apply to BCLP? I just submitted my application, but i'm worried I left it too late!!! I've had no time as I work full-time so this was the earliest I could do it.
    Hey
    I asked this question to a member of BCLPs grad rec a couple of weeks ago and she told me that even though they're rolling your application will still be considered and wouldn't be disadvantaged - so I don't think you've left it too late!!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Barami and Bugsy Malone

MS2000

Star Member
  • Nov 20, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for the Simmons & Simmons VI and written exercise? :)
    Hey, it's not too bad, think VI was about 5 questions. They are worded slightly differently but be prepared for the usual why law, why simmons and some situational judgement questions. You will have to summarise 10 bullet points in the written exercise. Hope this helps

Reactions: ophelia

gricole

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Is this a generic PFO email from Davis Polk?

"Dear xxx,

Thank you for your application for our summer vacation scheme. We have carefully reviewed your CV and although your credentials are impressive, we are unable to invite you to interview with our Firm.

We very much appreciate your interest in Davis Polk and we wish you success with your future endeavours."

Also their formatting was so weird - the font was changed twice.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Manifesting

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Is this a generic PFO email from Davis Polk?

"Dear xxx,

Thank you for your application for our summer vacation scheme. We have carefully reviewed your CV and although your credentials are impressive, we are unable to invite you to interview with our Firm.

We very much appreciate your interest in Davis Polk and we wish you success with your future endeavours."

Also their formatting was so weird - the font was changed twice.
    I got the same email. Considering I had a typo in the first line of my cover letter I thought It was quite nice lol

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    I put all my experience into willkie’s form in chronological order and going back to check the page everything has changed order - did anyone else have this issue? They don’t ask for chronological but I like to give it

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    I put all my experience into willkie’s form in chronological order and going back to check the page everything has changed order - did anyone else have this issue? They don’t ask for chronological but I like to give it
    Sometimes forms rearrange experiences to group legal/non-legal together, maybe this is the reason?

Reactions: Grace_winter9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.