2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    I don't have any experience with the platform but if you're not feeling well please take a break from work and prep to recover. It's amazing what one day of rest can do, especially when being tired sometimes feeds into a vicious cycle of forcing yourself to prep, not doing as much as you'd like and then feeling even more tired anyway. I promise you're going to be absorbing information way better when you're well rested. Also, remember that hardly anyone actually knows for sure what to expect when walking into a firm and it's generally incredibly hard to feel 100% prepared for something that is technically made to test your on the spot thinking skills! You CAN totally do this!!!

:( :( this is so lovely thank you for the advice!!!!! This is exactly it, but I work all day and I'm not in control of how busy that is... plus I have to save my annual leave for if I'm successful in the AC so I can't just take the time off! It's a vicious cycle!!! You're totally right with the last part though, no one can feel 100% prepared and it will always be nerve wracking! I think I'll take tonight off and have a big evening of prep tomorrow ❤️

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all, starting to feel very nervous about my upcoming RPC AC. The platform they use is TopScore, which I've never used, and I have no idea what to expect on the day in terms of the actual tasks. I'm also not feeling very well at all this week (my brain has felt very foggy) so if anyone has any tips, please do message me :(

scared no more GIF
    Topscore is just the technology/platform, but I can provide some insight into what it will look like rather than the particular assessments you will have.

Email me at [email protected] and I’ll send you a document. I can’t attach it here because of its size.

I also have a video that I can send a link to. Feel free to PM me if you want the video link.

Last edited:
    Reactions: A92167!8

gg332dd

Valued Member
    Apr 2, 2020
    OOF, hearing that name triggered PTSD in me. If its any consolidation, I am (was) in the same boat. I spent alot of time and effort on their application, and despite applying to firms that are considered more 'prestigious', I would have loved a Stephenson VS more than any other because of their expertise in art & cultural property which is a big interest of mine. I thought it was a very strong application, but lo and behold, phat rejection.

I'm sure you'll bounce back from this. I have learnt a lot since that rejection, and hopefully I can secure something from them next application cycle.

Im so sorry to hear, it does hit different when you spend a lot of time on their app. Also, I was literally applying because of their art expertise too 😭

frksch

Star Member
    Jan 27, 2021
    OOF, hearing that name triggered PTSD in me. If its any consolidation, I am (was) in the same boat. I spent alot of time and effort on their application, and despite applying to firms that are considered more 'prestigious', I would have loved a Stephenson VS more than any other because of their expertise in art & cultural property which is a big interest of mine. I thought it was a very strong application, but lo and behold, phat rejection.

I'm sure you'll bounce back from this. I have learnt a lot since that rejection, and hopefully I can secure something from them next application cycle.
    I can relate to this. I applied to SH for the direct TC last year and got through to the AC without having any vac schemes under my belt and from a non-law degree which already felt wild. was so nervous, set my heart on it, thought I smashed it, got on v well with the interviewers. Less than a day later hit with a fat no :)

Emily K

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 29, 2018
    well the simmons + simmons VI + korn ferry tests just felt brutal tbh. Just going to chalk it to experience because i'll be very surprised if I reach the next stage

I felt EXACTLY the same the other day haha, even after quite a bit of practice! I think lots of people found it hard though, so I guess we never know 🙂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.