2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW110601

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I got rejected by PM Birmingham office at 11am today having applied quite a bit before deadline, so I think the previous comment might have been accurate but I don’t know if everyone else has heard. It went to my junk inbox btw so check that if you haven’t heard maybe.
Sorry to hear that! I appreciate that the comment might be true, but don't want anyone to get stuck in the rut of refreshing their emails all day until 5pm, and then assume they have been unsuccessful if they hadn't heard anything because there is nothing worse than feeling this way and imagining the worst case scenario in your head all day!

Reactions: ManifestingTC

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
If you haven’t submitted your application, then fine to mention it in an application. Probably most suited to an extra information section or cover letter though. If you have already applied, then only do this if you can personally updated your submitted application. It isn’t worthwhile asking Grad Rec to update it for you or take the additional information into consideration if you can’t update it.
Hi @Jessica Booker

This is very helpful! In my case, I cannot update the entire submitted application but can personally add supplementary information to the already submitted application. Would you recommend adding that I received a vacation scheme offer from x firm or is it not worthwhile? Thank you :)

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Sorry to hear that! I appreciate that the comment might be true, but don't want anyone to get stuck in the rut of refreshing their emails all day until 5pm, and then assume they have been unsuccessful if they hadn't heard anything because there is nothing worse than feeling this way and imagining the worst case scenario in your head all day!
Understood and agreed. It's weird that we haven't seen anybody with responses for Manchester!

Reactions: MW110601

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
Just wondering if anyone knows how long Ashurst take to send the online tests? I sent my app a couple days ago but still haven't got them yet but I was under the impression that it was automatic?

MW110601

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but is anyone else STILL waiting to hear back from Addleshaw Goddard London office?

Everyone I know has either had a rejection or VI at this point so wondering whether to get in touch with GR to check? I submitted my application on November 27th for reference.
I haven't heard from them yet either but I applied to Manchester! When did you submit your application?

Reactions: Andrew M

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
So I asked for feedback on my interview and they said: "we don't have any constructive feedback for you" and then said where I went well etc - how am I meant to improve ahead of the TC interview in the future?

(Im not blowing my own trumpet here, genuinely stuck as I wanna make sure I improve for the next interview but I have nothing to go off)
I agree, how can you improve if they just told you good things! Defo apply next year which firm was this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.