2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just got invited to do the Video Interview for Baker McKenzie this morning!
I was wondering 2 things for anyone who has done it:

1. They had a lot of questions on their application so I already put down a lot of my competency examples. Is it okay if I repeat some of them in the VI, or will they be cross-referencing and will look down on that as me not having enough examples?
2. How many seconds do we have to prepare and then answer the questions?

Thanks a lot for the help! :)

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Ah I applied on 31 December. I presume they are going through applications now?
Probably! I wouldn't worry too much. A rejection is only a rejection when it actually is a rejection! 😊 I try to remind myself of this every day as I still am waiting to hear back from several firms. Try not to overthink it as this process is stressful enough!

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Probably! I wouldn't worry too much. A rejection is only a rejection when it actually is a rejection! 😊 I try to remind myself of this every day as I still am waiting to hear back from several firms. Try not to overthink it as this process is stressful enough!
I totally agree! Plus with GR probably working from home and the amount of applications they will receive it’s bound to take longer! I think 5-7! Weeks is roughly my average I’ve heard back after their deadlines! (Not the date I applied) As most firms are non rolling basis.

Reactions: FM302989 and E.A
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.