2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

j597

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Just received a video interview invite from Hill Dickinson (post WG, London).
Confused as I thought that after the test stage came the assessment centre.
They've also made me book a slot for my video interview which is unusual. Does anyone have more information about this?
Thanks!
Congratulations! I think the process for Hill Dickinson is application form > watson glaser > skype interview > vacation scheme > assessment centre/assessment activities during the VS. hope this helps :)

Last edited:

C

Esteemed Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 7, 2019
Congratulations! The process for Hill Dickinson is application form > watson glaser > skype interview > vacation scheme > assessment centre/assessment activities during the VS. hope this helps :)
oh but their website says its app form > WG test > Skype interview > written exercise and then VS offer? do hope its not this and is what you said though haha

Reactions: Andrew M

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Erm I'm pretty sure that not posting your VS offer on LinkedIn is illegal.
My brain isn't wired to read sarcasm (despite me being a really sarcastic person) and I was just about to do this...

jim carrey typing GIF

j597

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
oh but their website says its app form > WG test > Skype interview > written exercise and then VS offer? do hope its not this and is what you said though haha
You could be completely right! Previously I think they have done the written exercise alongside the VS to determine if you get offered a training contract. But looking on the website now I agree with you, it could well have changed - apologies!

• 🤝
Reactions: Andrew M and C

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I heard about the 4 week turnaround time. I wondered about applying a bit late in the cycle to see if that strategy could mitigate such an issue. Of course, this assumes that I am even offered a TC.
I know lots of people who have done this purposely for this reason...

Firms don't like me telling people, but you can accept and then renege. The only issue is if the firm states you can't do a VS if you have secured a TC... that is the only tricky situation really...

Reactions: cmaj

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can I please ask your opinions? I applied to Cardiff University, The University of Law an BPP to do my LPC and have been accepted. I am now torn as to which one to accept. Cardiff is Russell Group, however the other universities are preferred by different firms I am still waiting to be rejected by. Which university would you accept?

Institution means very little if anything. The one thing that may matter is what optional modules you have available to you though.

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Mar 17, 2020
Has anyone else had confirmation of vacation scheme dates with TLT?

I have just started a new job and I am worried about booking annual leave. I have emailed TLT a couple of times (late last week and early today) and have had no response. I am a bit concerned as one of the proposed dates was the end of March and I need to give my line manager as much notice to book time off as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.