2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xht

Distinguished Member
Feb 17, 2021
I'm in the same boat, i really like this firm!!
like on the one hand i think that they are just sending the invites out in batches, like a few per day cause I haven't actually seen more than like 5 to 6 people getting any, you know... and like they would have sent out pfos by now if they were done with reviewing the apps and all but they haven't .... but on the other hand i'm like yeah rip

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
In previous ACs I found that I'am really bad at doing written exercise and often struggle to finish my write up before time's up. I think it's most likely due to lack of practice (I often panic during the test), but I can't seem to any good resource out there... How do people prepare for their AC written exercise?
I don't think all firms expect you to finish the written exercise- I didn't in my latest AC, I only got through 4/6 of the tasks but when I got my feedback they said I did really well in the written exercise- they are normally time pressured so they test written communication skills and ability to perform under pressure

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
May 5, 2020
Fellow Grads/Slightly older applicants - what firms have people been targeting?

I’ve been trying to go for firms that don’t use apply4law (they often require grade breakdowns and mine are sh*te), but obviously some firms will lean more towards valuing professional experience?

Just putting together the straight TC strategy now and making sure the apps are going to the right places!

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Fellow Grads/Slightly older applicants - what firms have people been targeting?

I’ve been trying to go for firms that don’t use apply4law (they often require grade breakdowns and mine are sh*te), but obviously some firms will lean more towards valuing professional experience?

Just putting together the straight TC strategy now and making sure the apps are going to the right places!
    Currently applying for Womble Bond Dickinson and instead of a work experience section they call it 'life experience' - and gives you options to put all sorts in. Don't think it had a grade breakdown either! Also just one quite nice question - 28th Feb deadline :)

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
    May 5, 2020
    Currently applying for Womble Bond Dickinson and instead of a work experience section they call it 'life experience' - and gives you options to put all sorts in. Don't think it had a grade breakdown either! Also just one quite nice question - 28th Feb deadline :)
    I’m also doing that one! It’s a nice change of pace from some of the others!

Reactions: Rachel H, Adrian_S and OB

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    I really like that. It's just a shame that they don't have an office in Liverpool or Manchester because I've always really enjoyed my experiences with the firm!

Reactions: OB

Iqra

Star Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 2, 2020
    For people with VS offers, do you know whether yours are happening online? Maybe we should start a thread

Edit: I meant Summers mostly as most spring ones are ofc happening online (thanks @Celestie for pointing this out).
    Mine is a combination of both virtual and in-person. The first week will be online and the next 2 weeks will be in person hopefully.

Reactions: John Travoni
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.