2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    was anyone else shook that fried frank is pronounced freed frank .. or was that just me
    A couple of Fried Frank lawyers recently joined my firm and I was shocked Frank wasn't pronounced "Franc" (i.e. with a French accent)! I had always read it like that in my head and was rather embarrassed in our first conversation - way to make a good first impression haha

• Haha
    Reactions: collie_121 and OB

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    A couple of Fried Frank lawyers recently joined my firm and I was shocked Frank wasn't pronounced "Franc" (i.e. with a French accent)! I had always read it like that in my head and was rather embarrassed in our first conversation - way to make a good first impression haha
    I just wanna know how Frank got Fried and why a law firm was named after him

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    Then is a completely random question but why does everyone say that MC firms are having a hard time breaking into the US market when from my perspective they’re doing quite well... CC and linklaters both rank higher than Shearman & Sterling in the Vault rankings for US-wide so are they really struggling that much??

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Is anyone else annoyed when firms advertise paralegal roles specifically for those that have secured TC roles.. which is a lot of firms. A lot of people want to be paralegals or they haven’t yet secured a TC yet the paralegal roles are given to people who have already got a great job lined up..
    how about when they say a job is entry level then ask for 7 years paralegal experience ...........

1615309233877.png

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    They might not notice. I called Freshfields "Fieldfisher" in my application and got through to the WG. Also, their name is silly anyway - it's always one of my go-to ridiculous law firm names to bring up in general conversation (along with Foot Antsy, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher and Flom (full name only for comedic effect), and Fried Frank).
    I think CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP might take the cake here.

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Four hour assessment centre for one firm this morning and final partner interview for another firm this afternoon. Is it too early for wine + pajamas?
    Tired My Bed GIF by swerk

Never too early for wine and Pyjamas!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.