2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

collie_121

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Sep 30, 2020
Hill Dickinson are on their grad rec page if you scroll down ☺️
Thank you! I saw the London insight scheme starts 22nd June, I couldnt tell if this was for 1 or 2 weeks? (Assuming 1 as the Leeds one starts the following week)? Sorry its probably a silly question! :)
Hiya, Reed Smith told me they haven't finalised the summer VS dates yet and that they'll let me know when they have so can deffo post them here/ pm you as soon as they do! But it may be a while!
Amazing, thank you so much! Do you know when it was last year? Even roughly like June or July? :)

kingkong

M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Nov 21, 2020
Is anyone willing to share insight on their AC at Debevoise last week? I have mine tomorrow and I’m not sure how to approach the case study interview! Any help would be really appreciated!

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
Thank you! I saw the London insight scheme starts 22nd June, I couldnt tell if this was for 1 or 2 weeks? (Assuming 1 as the Leeds one starts the following week)? Sorry its probably a silly question! :)

Amazing, thank you so much! Do you know when it was last year? Even roughly like June or July? :)
So they told me it would be end of June/ beginning of July for the summer scheme for Reed Smith this year if that's helpful (sorry I completely forgot they even said this until you asked!)

sydney

Mar 11, 2021
Finally a PFO from penningtons !! Probably a general email sent to a lot of people but it says to apply to the TC instead
I got my PFO too! I wasn't sure whether to apply for a direct TC though as mine said they were going to invite the strongest candidates back for a direct TC interview and didn't mention applying again. Do you think we can just go ahead and apply anyway? o_O

• 🤝
Reactions: AJLegacy

CAL_LPC

Aug 5, 2020
Has anyone had an video interview with Hill Dickinson for business services ? I’m just prepping some answers and was struggling on how I would go about a commercial question!
Hi Num, I've got a VI with Hill Dickinson for the business services coming up next week and wondered if you found any answers to this question?/if you have any advice for me going in. First interview in a while, so a little nervous to say the least!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was thinking that also as you could discuss any holiday.
You can. But there’s lots of people who can’t afford holidays, whether it be due to money or time (or both). It’s such a elitist question, which is why I hate it.

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    You can. But there’s lots of people who can’t afford holidays, whether it be due to money or time (or both). It’s such a elitist question, which is why I hate it.
    Just to add to this, I am considering applying to this firm. The advice I was given is that some of the trainees have gone backpacking, travelling, worked abroad so I should discuss that... I have never had the luxury of doing any of those as I've given up summers and Christmas to work a minimum wage job

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Watching it, and some of their advice is awful 😫
    Jessica, do you have an idea of why people who have done the LPC need to do the SQE2? As far as I am aware, it is similar to the "skills" part of the LPC (interviewing clients, advocacy, legal research) etc. Why do you think we need to pass this again?

Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    True point and thank you for this and I will need to have a think about my answer then.
    The advice @Jacob Miller has provided is spot on. Just think about what you gained from the experience of going somewhere different. It may just be a passion for a new cuisine or an interest in the local architecture, but think about you have personally benefited from it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.