2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Anyone else still waiting on mayer brown post-phone interview? I did mine december, have heard nothing and was told they'd give me an outcome ASAP after I emailed in february, - I really do want to find out! I'm close to ruling it out as a rejection at this point, but it'd be nice to confirm it with them

zajixyx

Nov 22, 2020
I've just received an invite for the DAC Beachcroft interview, it seems that it's not going to be super stressful because they stipulate there are 3 attempts for each question.

Has anyone already taken the VI? Any tips, feedback?

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Okay, I’ve decided to go for it and I’m currently doing as many direct to TC applications as I can (whilst ensuring they’re adequately researched).

I’m doing Shoosmiths atm and one of their questions says:

“Describe a time when you’ve had to analyse information or data to provide recommendations or solutions. How did you go about the task, and what was the outcome?”

Does anyone have any idea what types of examples they’re looking for?
my brain is either fried from uni or I’ve just done too many apps at this point hahaha
Thanks so much!

• 🏆
Reactions: Jennifer85 and layla rose

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
I haven't even received this email from them, where's my weekly update!!
I’m sure they’re working through the apps and firing off emails gradually.

This was the email.

Thank you for submitting your application and completing the pymetrics exercises.

Next steps are for the team to complete application scoring and pymetrics comparison. Due to the high volume of applications, an increase of 75% on 2020, we will take slightly longer to communicate final outcomes to you.

We are hoping to confirm our decisions by the end of March. However, we will stay in touch with you on a weekly basis with regards to our progress. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have.

Best regards

The Graduate Team

Reactions: layk

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 37
Mar 4, 2020
Ropes VS offer!
Massive congrats!! I saw a missed call from grad rec and now they're not picking up hahah! Aggh have to wait til tomorrow to find out.

Do you reckon they're only calling those that passed or would they call everyone? I remember from the AC they said quite generally that they would call us in the week of the 22nd (so they're early), but it seemed like they would call everyone regardless of outcome and also to offer feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.