2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

breadpitt

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Sorry for sounding like a broken record. I secured a VS which clashes with White&C’s. I’ve been invited to WC’s AC and instead, I want to be considered for the TC stream.

Should I email them now asking to switch to the TC stream (pre-AC). Or should I email them after I (presumably) pass the AC and get the VS ?

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    Massive congrats!! I saw a missed call from grad rec and now they're not picking up hahah! Aggh have to wait til tomorrow to find out.

Do you reckon they're only calling those that passed or would they call everyone? I remember from the AC they said quite generally that they would call us in the week of the 22nd (so they're early), but it seemed like they would call everyone regardless of outcome and also to offer feedback.
    Thank you!! So I have no idea if they call everyone but I do know that they said they're calling 10 people today so I'm really hoping it is positive for you! Keeping my fingers crossed (though I'm sure you don't need it!)

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    Sorry for sounding like a broken record. I secured a VS which clashes with White&C’s. I’ve been invited to WC’s AC and instead, I want to be considered for the TC stream.

Should I email them now asking to switch to the TC stream (pre-AC). Or should I email them after I (presumably) pass the AC and get the VS ?
    I would wait until you actually get the VS to be asked to switch to the TC stream just because there's no point in stressing yourself and worrying about this now before your AC! I'm sure you'll smash it and after they've seen your performance it'll probably be easier for you personally to also ask to be switched!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

I would do it prior if you know you wouldn’t accept the VS with W&C over the other firm.

em311

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 15, 2019
    haven’t heard from W&C at the application stage and people are getting VSs so I assume my pfo got lost ☹️ brutal cycle and I thought I would be a decent candidate but it appears I’m not!

Well done to everyone securing VSs! It’s nice to watch and be a part of people’s journeys on this forum☺️

• 🤝
    Reactions: CF1234 and Kubed

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    haven’t heard from W&C at the application stage and people are getting VSs so I assume my pfo got lost ☹️ brutal cycle and I thought I would be a decent candidate but it appears I’m not!

Well done to everyone securing VSs! It’s nice to watch and be a part of people’s journeys on this forum☺️
    I'd chase W&C - you never know. Keep going, I'm sure you'll get there

Hugh Jarse

Oct 9, 2020
    Still nothing from V&E after interview :confused:
    I was at an open day with them yesterday and they said they are aiming to get back to people in the next few days so good luck if you haven't heard already!!
    Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.