2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hey, I have a VS starting next week and I found out that apart from the set timetable, there are also a lot of optional talks and events. I was wondering to what extent are these really optional, i.e. is there an expectation to attend all of them or can you actually just go for the ones you are interested in? I would hate to think they are really optional and then realise everyone is actually attending everything. @Jessica Booker if you could provide some GR pespective on this it would be great!
    "Optional" doesn't really mean "optional" to be honest - you should really attend absolutely everything you can.

Reactions: Hele25 and Daniel Boden

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Trowers PFO after AC
    200.gif

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 29, 2019
    Trowers rejection post-AC for a summer VS.

Wouldn't have been able to do the scheme as it clashes with another VS I have now accepted. However, I am quite surprised about the outcome as I thought I performed significantly better in the AC than others I have been successful in. I think it really shows that sometimes this process is about luck and a changing criteria that as candidates we may not know much about.

Congrats to others who have received good news from Trowers today!

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Trowers rejection post-AC for a summer VS.

Wouldn't have been able to do the scheme as it clashes with another VS I have now accepted. However, I am quite surprised about the outcome as I thought I performed significantly better in the AC than others I have been successful in. I think it really shows that sometimes this process is about luck and a changing criteria that as candidates we may not know much about.

Congrats to others who have received good news from Trowers today!
    Similar here! Thought it went well. Bit gutted about this one. But onwards and upwards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.