Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was also wondering if maybe they had someone withdraw or decline to progress to the next stage, so they just picked someone up from their reserve list. I am happy to progress to the next stage anyway, it just it feels a bit unusual to do so in such circumstances! :)
Probably just a wrong selection made on the system in all honesty.

Reactions: JoeF

ben4464

Jan 31, 2021
Hey, I did Orrick WG on 4th April and not heard anything since. I saw some people said they got update emails saying they would hear back by last Friday, also seen that some people have been told they’re through to next stage. But then I’ve also seen someone only got a WG invite yesterday... is it worth me asking for an update? I was just worried as I hadn’t received these update emails that some people had mentioned - can WG results get lost at all?!

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    This is a really random question but I got an email from the firm I have a VS with asking me to fill out a form regarding personal adjustments as I had highlighted to them some diagnosed mental health conditions - I have no clue what adjustments I need and I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem? Or if anyone has completed a form similar to this one and what adjustments they asked for for a mental health condition?

maybe @Jessica Booker you know what adjustments people tend to ask for too?

Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is a really random question but I got an email from the firm I have a VS with asking me to fill out a form regarding personal adjustments as I had highlighted to them some diagnosed mental health conditions - I have no clue what adjustments I need and I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem? Or if anyone has completed a form similar to this one and what adjustments they asked for for a mental health condition?

maybe @Jessica Booker you know what adjustments people tend to ask for too?

Thank you!
    It’s a very individual thing.

What do you think you might need? What adjustments have you had in previous workplaces or academia? What have any medical experts diagnosed you with and explained how to manage/treat/avoid your circumstances?

Kola

Legendary Member
    Sep 27, 2020
    Hi guys! So... Neigh Neighs is now a Future Trainee Solicitor at Charles Russell Speechlys (CRS) in London 😭

I've taken a few days to think it over and to decide it's 100% me (is it just me or does this process turn you into a bit of a nervous wreck?)--I'm so thrilled, I can't wait to get loads of client contact, loads of construction/real estate and loads of art/luxury goods! And I can't wait to have a work-life balance either!

I'm over the moon, I'm so lucky to get this opportunity and to become a solicitor. Thank you so much TCLA! And I'll free up my Vac Scheme places ;)

Love you all!

Huge congratulations! Couldn't have happened to a better person, you have got to be one of the kindest and most wholesome people on this forum, and I am so so happy for your success!! Make sure to celebrate accordingly ;)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Just been offered a Training Contract at my top choice US law firm. In complete shock.

Been an active member here since 2019 (and pursuing a TC longer than this). Can't begin to describe how many hours I have spent writing applications and prepping for AC's/VS's. It was so incredibly tough to take so many rejections (at one point I received 9 post AC rejections in a row) and I honestly thought so many times I was just not good enough and I should just give up.

My stats over the years are:
    95 applications for law firms
    72 rejections pre-AC
    22 AC's
    17 rejections post-AC
    5 VS offers
    2 rejections post VS (so far)
    1 TC offer

This community has been such a source of inspiration and motivation. There have been so many members here who I might not ever meet, but spent the time to write to me to help and reassure me that I can do this if I stay motivated and resilient, and that I shouldn't give up. I hope my stats illustrate that it is possible if you keep going and and try to keep improving in each application/AC/VS. It just takes one yes!

I hope to be active here to help others the same way others have helped me in the process. Thank you so much Jaysen and TCLA members for creating this platform!
    Hi guys! So... Neigh Neighs is now a Future Trainee Solicitor at Charles Russell Speechlys (CRS) in London 😭

I've taken a few days to think it over and to decide it's 100% me (is it just me or does this process turn you into a bit of a nervous wreck?)--I'm so thrilled, I can't wait to get loads of client contact, loads of construction/real estate and loads of art/luxury goods! And I can't wait to have a work-life balance either!

I'm over the moon, I'm so lucky to get this opportunity and to become a solicitor. Thank you so much TCLA! And I'll free up my Vac Scheme places ;)

Love you all!
    Amazing news!!! I'm so so thrilled for the both of you - so well deserved after all your hard work :D Now get very drunk this weekend haha 🍻 🎉

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020

Love you all!
    O.M.F.G. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRS is such an amazing firm I canttttttt 😍😍

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Just been offered a Training Contract at my top choice US law firm. Completely over the moon + shocked!!

Been an active member here since 2019 (and pursuing a TC longer than this). Can't begin to describe how many hours I have spent writing applications and prepping for AC's/VS's. It was so incredibly tough to take so many rejections (at one point I received 9 post AC rejections in a row) and I honestly thought so many times I was just not good enough and I should just give up.

My stats over the years are:
    95 applications for law firms
    72 rejections pre-AC
    22 AC's
    17 rejections post-AC
    5 VS offers
    2 rejections post VS (so far)
    1 TC offer

This community has been such a source of inspiration and motivation. There have been so many members here who I might not ever meet, but spent the time to write to me to help and reassure me that I can do this if I stay motivated and resilient, and that I shouldn't give up. I hope my stats illustrate that it is possible if you keep going and and try to keep improving in each application/AC/VS. It just takes one yes!

I hope to be active here to help others the same way others have helped me in the process. Thank you so much Jaysen and TCLA members for creating this platform!
    Huge congratulations!! And such an inspiring post, thank you for sharing 😊

• Love
    Reactions: M&ALawyer

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    It’s a very individual thing.

What do you think you might need? What adjustments have you had in previous workplaces or academia? What have any medical experts diagnosed you with and explained how to manage/treat/avoid your circumstances?
    I've only ever received things like extra coursework extensions and extra time in exams but that's it - are any of these translatable to the workplace?

Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I've only ever received things like extra coursework extensions and extra time in exams but that's it - are any of these translatable to the workplace?

Thank you!
    If you have any timed assessments, then you should be given additional time for them as you would in an exam.

It isn’t possible to give extensions for work, but you should ensure that when you agree deadlines for work that you are thinking carefully as to whether you will have enough time to complete them.

Reactions: cryingoverTCs

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    I'd also like to say a massive thank you to everyone on this forum for the help they've provided me with this year...

19/20 application cycle (without knowing about TCLA) --- I made 8 applications and made it past the application stage 0 times.

20/21 application cycle (with the help of TCLA) --- I made 12 applications and made it past the application stage 7 times. I reached 3 AC's and was offered 1 VS.

Following the VS, I've since been offered a TC at the firm which has always been my top choice! Hopefully this just goes to show that rejection is inevitable, but everyone is going to get there in the end. Thanks again everyone for all the help and support ✌️😌

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    I'd also like to say a massive thank you to everyone on this forum for the help they've provided me with this year...

19/20 application cycle (without knowing about TCLA) --- I made 8 applications and made it past the application stage 0 times.

20/21 application cycle (with the help of TCLA) --- I made 12 applications and made it past the application stage 7 times. I reached 3 AC's and was offered 1 VS.

Following the VS, I've since been offered a TC at the firm which has always been my top choice! Hopefully this just goes to show that rejection is inevitable, but everyone is going to get there in the end. Thanks again everyone for all the help and support ✌️😌
    Amazing news! Congratulations 🥳

• Love
    Reactions: Jaysen and Haz

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of hours did you do? Congrats again on the scheme :)
    Sorry for this late reply!! I have had interviews and deadlines!!

I worked silly hours because I took on extra work to learn how to do/present/research to a variation of clients. So around 8am to 10pm (with breaks in between of course). Most of this was navigating where to find things as it was unfamiliar. But please don't see this as representative of all VS schemes as I just wanted to learn as much as possible. It could have easily been a 8-5pm job :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Holly

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Oh my gosh I have just seen all these TC posts - congratulations everyone! You have smashed it! 🥳

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Aha this makes us very happy, really well done :)

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020

Congratulations!! So so happy for you!!

• Love
    Reactions: Jaysen and Haz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.