A*BB for firms seeking AAB

JoshHNI

Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 20, 2022
Hello!

If I apply for commercial firms that seek minimum A-Level grades of AAB, but obtained A*BB, will I be automatically rejected? I am unsure of how technical the recruitment process can be. I do have a mid 2:1 from Exeter, so I am hoping that would help cover me. Sorry if this is a daft question!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello!

If I apply for commercial firms that seek minimum A-Level grades of AAB, but obtained A*BB, will I be automatically rejected? I am unsure of how technical the recruitment process can be. I do have a mid 2:1 from Exeter, so I am hoping that would help cover me. Sorry if this is a daft question!
No - you won't be rejected as they are equivalent grades.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
@JoshHNI I agree with @Jessica Booker but I would also feel comfortable applying to firms with slightly higher requirements than you fulfil in one area as it sounds like you could always make up for them in another area! Firms often take some discretion as to their requirements and it is rare that they would immediately throw out your application based on your grades, without reading it. I hope that helps :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.