Advice for future trainee, 1 week from starting PSC

LawGrad2019

Distinguished Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hi - as somebody 1 week out from starting their training contract (where has the time gone?!) I wondered if anyone had any advice on how to use this week effectively so that I can hit the ground running. I am planning on reading the PSC course materials in advance, having a play on Lexis to refresh my research skills, and having a look at my future department's blogging history, but would love to know if anyone has any other suggestions?

TIA!

• 🏆
Reactions: ZaraB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I would just chill and see friends/family and enjoy your last week off! You don’t need to do pre- reading for PSC and the firm will provide time for training etc! 🙌
I completely agree with this. Take the time to relax ahead of starting. It will be an intense few weeks to start off with and pretty much everything will be a learning curve.

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD and Lisa Lowe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.