Leaving a TC - advice needed!

mkk1999

Oct 16, 2023
Hi all,

I am currently a Trainee Solicitor at a high street law firm. I started out as a paralegal in 2022 within residential property and secured the Training Contract in March 2023. I have been working in residential property for a year now and I have come to the realisation that it really is not for me. I am dissatisfied with the work and the management, as well as the training and supervision. It has been quite a stressful environment and I won't divulge into the details, but I was recently told I can't move seats just yet as they require me in the department.

I decided to explore my options as I understand qualifying in Conveyancing and a high street firm limits my future possibilities if I want to change practice areas. For context, I graduated from a Russell Group University with a high 2:1 and went on to achieve the LPC in 2021. I am now considering leaving the TC to explore property in a commercial setting. I have an interview lined up for a Paralegal Real Estate Role at a global law firm that is highly regarded. The only issue is that I would need to do the SQE 2, but potentially qualify sooner as I can count my previous paralegal work as QWE. I've also done the PSC. I am having a hard time trying to decide what is best for me and was wondering if anyone had some advice?

Thank you!

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.