Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I know how this might sound but I have known of instances in the past where people have either not put their email address in correctly or people have not been checking their spam/junk folders and firms have communicated to people there. Be sure all details are correct and you have a way of monitoring all correspondence coming to you.

This happens ALL THE TIME!! I’d say about a third of people who used to email and say they hadn’t been update were because they had either put their email in wrong or weren’t checking the right email account were they thought they had signed up with another email address.

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
This happens ALL THE TIME!! I’d say about a third of people who used to email and say they hadn’t been update were because they had either put their email in wrong or weren’t checking the right email account were they thought they had signed up with another email address.
Absolutely! Especially if you have multiple email addresses as well - this potentially becomes even more likely.

T202

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Mar 18, 2019
Thank you both!! Just emailed! I made a gmail account specifically for apps, should have come through easily. But thank you!!! :) I'm so excited for the SJT, hit me up with the situations alreadyyyyy.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, who is in charge for the Graduate recruitment for A&O? . I emailed and send message on Instagram for the sjt last Thursday. I haven't got any replied how to access the test. Please let me know what I can do.

Its a lady called Hannah Rolph who is the head of Grad Rec there - she might not be the best person to speak to where she is the head of the team.

You might want to try and contact someone in the Belfast team as I know more of the admin stuff is done from Belfast rather than London. A quick search on LinkedIn might find that person - search Belfast, Allen & Overy, Graduate Recruitment and I will bet money a relevant name or two pops up.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
It might also be worthwhile contacting Amberjack who are the SJT providers. See if they can sort out the problem where it is their tech

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice G

Frank

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2018
Did anybody receive confirmation after completing the SJT? Im worried mine didn't go through as it kind of froze. Also how long does it normally take to hear back whether youve passed the sjt?

No, not everybody received confirmation and you'll be notified most likely via the portal first if the SJT's been failed.

Sara Moon

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Sep 10, 2018
Has anyone not received link to SJT or is this just me? I've submitted my application on 3days ago, got an email informing that I should get my link in 1 hour but haven't received anything since. Nothing in my junk folder. I emailed GR but haven't got anything back and I've tried calling them today but they didn't answer.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Has anyone not received link to SJT or is this just me? I've submitted my application on 3days ago, got an email informing that I should get my link in 1 hour but haven't received anything since. Nothing in my junk folder. I emailed GR but haven't got anything back and I've tried calling them today but they didn't answer.
Seems like lots of people have issues with this... I actually got the link before the confirmation email..

Reactions: SN27

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.