Application assistance - from BCC at A-Level to a TC at a top 25 firm

Lawandmore

Sep 26, 2021
Hey! I just wanted to post a quick message reassuring those of you applying for vac schemes / TCs that you can certainly achieve your goal. I also wanted to offer some assistance. I achieved BCC at A-Level, attended a non-Russell group university and graduated with a 2:1. I applied for TCs in my first and third years and received zero offers. I then began the LPC LLM and have just secured a TC at Osborne Clarke. I went from zero offers to being able to pass multiple stages of assessment and secure a TC at a top firm by learning everything I possibly could about the process.

If anyone is looking to apply to OC or wants help with vac scheme / TC applications more generally, please just send me a message. It took me a lot of time, research and conversations to learn how to pass all of the stages successfully, so if you think I may be able to help just let me know.

Pazy

Sep 9, 2023
Hey! I just wanted to post a quick message reassuring those of you applying for vac schemes / TCs that you can certainly achieve your goal. I also wanted to offer some assistance. I achieved BCC at A-Level, attended a non-Russell group university and graduated with a 2:1. I applied for TCs in my first and third years and received zero offers. I then began the LPC LLM and have just secured a TC at Osborne Clarke. I went from zero offers to being able to pass multiple stages of assessment and secure a TC at a top firm by learning everything I possibly could about the process.

If anyone is looking to apply to OC or wants help with vac scheme / TC applications more generally, please just send me a message. It took me a lot of time, research and conversations to learn how to pass all of the stages successfully, so if you think I may be able to help just let me know.
Hi if you don’t mind me asking where did you attend and, did you do an LLB and in your experience are all non Russell’s perceived virtually the same or is there merit to league tables. Also any general tips you could provide without wasting too much of your time would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards and congratulations

al97

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2023

Hi, it's so kind of you!

I'm interested to apply to OC (interest in tech) for a vac scheme and I'm also from a non-RG. I would love to hear more about:

- what experiences did you get to compensate for academics
- how many firms did you apply to in each cycle
- how did you improve in each cycle
- what did you talk about in your application
- what did you do during your AC
- culture at the firm

Thank you so much for offering to share!

Izzy1026

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 23, 2023

Congratulations! So glad to see your hard work paying off and thank you for the encouragement. Do you have time to answer a few questions about OC TC app?

I attended their insight scheme last year and want to apply directly to TC this year. I'm wondering if that will make me less competitive compared to people who go through the VS route? Unfortunately the VS dates do not work for me so my only option is direct TC. But I'm hoping that my insight scheme can serve as evidence of my interest in the firm.
    In addition, I'm wondering if you can share your response (just an outline will do!) to this question in the TC application form "What work has Osborne Clarke done recently that is of particular interest to you? Why do you feel inspired by this type of work?".

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.