SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
Hi Team,

Hope you're well.

Can someone please remind me of how I can go about getting my application reviewed by the TCLA team?
The deadline is on Monday. Do you think I will be able to get someone to quickly have a review of my answers?
I understand that it is last minute to ask for this favour.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Team,

Hope you're well.

Can someone please remind me of how I can go about getting my application reviewed by the TCLA team?
    The deadline is on Monday. Do you think I will be able to get someone to quickly have a review of my answers?
    I understand that it is last minute to ask for this favour.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Hey Sarah - as you’re one of our scholarship candidates, you can just email this to [email protected]. I’ll aim to have this back to you by tomorrow evening!

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 28, 2019
    Hi all,

May I ask on an application under work experience do you think it is appropriate to name drop a future trainee if I have previously worked with them in a different company. For example: I worked as part of a team of 20 paralegals including [NAME OF PERSON] (now Trainee solicitor or Future Trainee Solicitor at FIRM) ? Or is this not necessary? I ask this because I worked closely with her and also learned more about the firm.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

May I ask on an application under work experience do you think it is appropriate to name drop a future trainee if I have previously worked with them in a different company. For example: I worked as part of a team of 20 paralegals including [NAME OF PERSON] (now Trainee solicitor or Future Trainee Solicitor at FIRM) ? Or is this not necessary? I ask this because I worked closely with her and also learned more about the firm.

As I said in PM, not appropriate for a work experience section but you could address the fact you learnt more about the firm from a future trainee in your motivational answers. Even then you don’t have to name drop them though - up to you if you do though.

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 28, 2019
    As I said in PM, not appropriate for a work experience section but you could address the fact you learnt more about the firm from a future trainee in your motivational answers. Even then you don’t have to name drop them though - up to you if you do though.
    Thank you Jess, that's a good point!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.