Ashurst: What qualities does a successful lawyer of the future require?

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
For this question, do you descriptively discuss what successful traits a lawyer will need in the future and why? Or do you go into why you demonstrate them and would thus make a good lawyer in the future?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    For this question, do you descriptively discuss what successful traits a lawyer will need in the future and why? Or do you go into why you demonstrate them and would thus make a good lawyer in the future?

That's a good question. Personally, I prefer to stay focused on the question asked. I feel if the firm wanted you to discuss your traits, they would have added it to the question.

That said, I read many answers where candidates do add their own experiences, and I doubt there's harm in doing so. I'd just suggest you do this concisely, rather than making this the focus of the answer.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

lauren12

Jan 13, 2021
    Lawyers must be orally articulate, have good written communication skills, and also be good listeners and he also has to be persevering person. I'm a bankruptcy lawyer san diego and I'm working in a company with other experts who are bankruptcy lawyers like me. We all work to stop creditor harassment, lost wages, and lost property. Our mission is to help our clients to save their homes or property and for this, we all have to be friendly, honest, and respectable. All the lawyer's first goal is to protect the people's rights and the will to help. We're working for our clients and we always explain to them their rights and the options they have.

Last edited:

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    I got through to AC for winter and the only place I wrote about myself was the cover letter. You should be fine just talking about successful traits without linking them to you.

Reactions: RS Sinatra

Naomi U

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    Dec 8, 2019

I agree with all the comments above. I'd mention the traits and explain how these a relevant generally to a good lawyer in the future.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.