Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much. Also, for class 10 and class 12- I have two options, I can either mark both of them as "Others", or I can mark the former as "O-levels" and the latter as "A-levels". I know that I had asked you this fairly recently but don't you think marking "Others" for both classes would confuse the grad rec team as to what class I'm referring to?

Thanks in advance.
Others would be most appropriate as they are not O-levels or A-levels. If you have to put the year you studied them, it would be confusing.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Others would be most appropriate as they are not O-levels or A-levels. If you have to put the year you studied them, it would be confusing.
We do have to put the year, unfortunately! What should I do now? Can entering details about our education in chronological order help? If I start with my 4th year at university and then move downwards, would that solve the problem?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions but the grad rec team is not responding to my emails.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
We do have to put the year, unfortunately! What should I do now? Can entering details about our education in chronological order help? If I start with my 4th year at university and then move downwards, would that solve the problem?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions but the grad rec team is not responding to my emails.
Putting the year is a good thing - it will be obvious if they can see the years you studied something.

• 🤝
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are doing well. For CC's application, they want us to upload our transcripts. The problem is that due to Covid, I have not been able to collect my marksheets for a few semesters. So could I upload a screenshot of the results? I will obviously be able to produce the original transcripts if I get the chance to but for now, do screenshots work?

Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are doing well. For CC's application, they want us to upload our transcripts. The problem is that due to Covid, I have not been able to collect my marksheets for a few semesters. So could I upload a screenshot of the results? I will obviously be able to produce the original transcripts if I get the chance to but for now, do screenshots work?

Thanks.
Screenshots will be sufficient if it is clear it is from the university (e.g. it has the university's name/logo on the screenshot).

• ℹ️

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker how can we write about our future work experience entries when we know the duration and the team and nothing else? I have two internships lined up for 2022 so do you think I should include them?

Thanks.
You should include them, but personally I wouldn't put them in a work experience section as you haven't done them. Include them in an "additional information" section or very briefly reference them in something like a motivational question - e.g. "I am also looking forward to two summer internships in 2022 with Joe Bloggs LLP and Bob, Frank & Harry LLP".

The most detail you can go into is what practice area you will be working in (if in a law firm) or why you sought that experience out. No other detail is appropriate where you haven't completed it yet.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
You should include them, but personally I wouldn't put them in a work experience section as you haven't done them. Include them in an "additional information" section or very briefly reference them in something like a motivational question - e.g. "I am also looking forward to two summer internships in 2022 with Joe Bloggs LLP and Bob, Frank & Harry LLP".

The most detail you can go into is what practice area you will be working in (if in a law firm) or why you sought that experience out. No other detail is appropriate where you haven't completed it yet.
Actually, there is no place where we can write additional information and CC's app has no question other than a 600-word question that is very specific about what needs to be written.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Actually, there is no place where we can write additional information and CC's app has no question other than a 600-word question that is very specific about what needs to be written.
Then add them to the work experience section, but include little to no detail.

• 🤝

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker
For the 600 word question in CC app, do you think that it's better to include a range of things I've done or stick to like 3/4 in a lot of detail?
I’d include as much variety as possible, but ensure you do detail your impact on those experiences (and not skimp on that detail).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
  • 🤝

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are doing well. Actually I was completing the Linklaters application and had 2 issues and I'm considering withdrawing and submitting it again.

1: I am having issues with the portal. I've tried entering my class 10 and 12 marks multiple times but when I log out and log in again, they're just not there. To remedy this, I thought I'd finish the app in one go. Once I did that and hit 'submit', I did get a message that it had been submitted and I was required to take the CAPP and the Watson glaser to complete my application. When I tried looking at my responses again, my grades were not there.

2: I forgot to add information about a module that I had done borderline in and that information was very important in my eyes. It can definitely look like I am trying to hide something and I don't want to portray that because they've clearly mentioned that we should be very explicit about these things and hiding stuff will impact our chances.

Do you think I should withdraw given that it is still showing me the 'withdraw' button and my application isn't 100% submitted right now. The email I got after completing the basic information said "Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline. You will have 5 days after completing your application to take the Watson Glaser test. Your application is not complete and will not be considered until you have taken both tests."

I have also notified the grad rec team about the technical glitches so maybe withdrawing and resubmitting won't be an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are doing well. Actually I was completing the Linklaters application and had 2 issues and I'm considering withdrawing and submitting it again.

1: I am having issues with the portal. I've tried entering my class 10 and 12 marks multiple times but when I log out and log in again, they're just not there. To remedy this, I thought I'd finish the app in one go. Once I did that and hit 'submit', I did get a message that it had been submitted and I was required to take the CAPP and the Watson glaser to complete my application. When I tried looking at my responses again, my grades were not there.

2: I forgot to add information about a module that I had done borderline in and that information was very important in my eyes. It can definitely look like I am trying to hide something and I don't want to portray that because they've clearly mentioned that we should be very explicit about these things and hiding stuff will impact our chances.

Do you think I should withdraw given that it is still showing me the 'withdraw' button and my application isn't 100% submitted right now. The email I got after completing the basic information said "Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline. You will have 5 days after completing your application to take the Watson Glaser test. Your application is not complete and will not be considered until you have taken both tests."

I have also notified the grad rec team about the technical glitches so maybe withdrawing and resubmitting won't be an issue?

Thanks in advance.
Don’t withdraw - just send an email with all your grades to the GR team and explain that your grades were not saved on your application. There is no point withdrawing as you might have the same issue and it just complicates matters further.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Don’t withdraw - just send an email with all your grades to the GR team and explain that your grades were not saved on your application. There is no point withdrawing as you might have the same issue and it just complicates matters further.
Could I also make the declaration about the module that needs more explanation in the same mail?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.