Baker McKenzie

hopelesscaseofwhat

May 12, 2019
I got my rejection yesterday. After a bit of crying and puking I told myself that life goes on, and I will be alright again.

But for real guys, please let's try to be positive here. I know that I am speaking for a number of us when I say that the atmosphere around here (as well as another thread where sharing our VI questions was concerned) has been less than supportive because of certain elements and that's REALLY not okay. So try to be kind, and try to be generous, and I can see how that's challenging for some of us but you need to realise the impact of your words. Finally, I wish you all good luck going forward.

Katherine E Duffy

Jun 1, 2020
Hey so the applications for Training Contract 2022 have opened but it says in brackets (penultimate). Does this mean only penultimate year students can apply or is it that they will get preference but final years and graduates can also apply?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hey so the applications for Training Contract 2022 have opened but it says in brackets (penultimate). Does this mean only penultimate year students can apply or is it that they will get preference but final years and graduates can also apply?
    This means penultimate year only I'm afraid - the final year one opened in February and closed in April I believe

Reactions: Tushar and Lauren2

Mena M

Star Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    Question. For the D&I question asking which Bakers D&I group you'd support, and what initiatives you've taken part in, would it be too much to talk about 3 of their groups for example, and also, would it matter if the initiatives I've taken part in are not related to the specific group?

Reactions: Alice G

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Bakers tend to take awhile after the VI stage, expect to hear back at around mid Jan for the Spring vac.

How long have people waited to hear back after their VI? I've applied for Spring VC...

Question. For the D&I question asking which Bakers D&I group you'd support, and what initiatives you've taken part in, would it be too much to talk about 3 of their groups for example, and also, would it matter if the initiatives I've taken part in are not related to the specific group?

You can talk about as many of their groups as you want (although looking at the word count I think 2/3 is probably best) and no I don't think it matters whether any initiatives you have been involved necessarily relate to a specific group. If it doesn't relate you can mention your examples as new events you might want to help organise at the firm.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.