Baker McKenzie

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
Well I just got a rejection so I can say they’re working today at least

Sorry to hear that. As a silver lining you at least have closure ahead of the long weekend.

Are you still in the process for any others? Plenty of schemes are still open so hang in there. Linklaters has just opened and is a straightforward application form (no questions to answer).

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    I don’t really understand the dislikes for a bit of realism and common sense.

Best of luck with your career in law if you can’t handle that.

As a graduate already in a stressful working environment requiring common sense and realism, this isn’t a issue with either things. It’s about reading the room - something you also need for a career in law - and this is not the place to try to incite more nerves in applicants. I can tell you that making these applications is far harder than actually being in the working environment. Our entire future depends on these tiny, and usually not wholly representative, glimpses we give under pressure to someone in grad rec. It is not fair to imply that someone can not handle a career in law because they are nervous about that.

I also just got a rejection email so good luck to all those waiting, they're definitely working today! :)

LawStudentTC

Star Member
    May 4, 2020
    Just received my rejection.

Extremely gutted, but this is not the end for me nor anyone else.

Massive congrats to those who have made it the AC, I wish you all the best in obtaining a TC.

If you haven’t heard back, do remain positive and regardless of the outcome you should be extremely proud.

Lastly, let’s please keep this forum a friendly one. Be kind to one another, we are all in the same boat.

I know we are all trying to help or spread info, but let’s make sure we are doing it respectfully! :)

Last edited:

MarathonNotaSprint

Star Member
    Mar 17, 2020
    This firm isn't even on my radar but just thought to add that sure rejection is an essential element in the legal profession (and any other profession) and resilience is key but it does not mean that you should be made to feel like you wouldn't survive in the legal world just because of how you feel after being rejected.

You're allowed to feel sad/upset after rejection. Its part of the human experience. I hope everyone takes time to do some self-care. We're all going to win at this! Whenever that may be!

And best of luck to everyone! You've all got this!!!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Just wanted to say a massive congratulations to all those who heard good news and that I’m sorry to anyone who had a rejection. I genuinely still feel the sting of rejection for you all but I promise that things will come right in the end when they’re meant to.

To add my two cents, no one should ever default their thinking to ‘rejection’ until you’ve had the email. I appreciate that inferences can be made but I’ve made those same assumptions and been pleasantly surprised. I am someone who does prefer to be optimistic because it helps my mindset, I know not everyone is the same. All I can say is, try not to let outside influences or speculation affect your mindset. If it also helps, try not to read these threads whilst waiting for an outcome. I took a break myself at the start of the year when I was struggling through rejections and it did me some good. There’s no shame or anything wrong with taking a step back.

Allow yourselves to be upset if today didn’t turn out how you’d like but this does not mean you’re on the wrong path. Stick with it and resilience is always rewarded, trust me.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.