Bird & Bird Assessment Centre

LawMadeInOven

Future Trainee
Mar 2, 2020
Hey there, would love some insight on the Pinsent Masons AC!
You have a presentation on a specific topic that you can prepare in advance, a written exercise, and an interview. The written exercise test consists of filling in the blanks and there are some short questions on commercial awareness. The interview is mainly competency-based. I think my only advice is that it is very important to know your presentation topic through and through!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Rob

Jul 1, 2020
You have a presentation on a specific topic that you can prepare in advance, a written exercise, and an interview. The written exercise tests consist of filling in the blanks and short questions on commercial awareness. The interview was mainly competency-based. I think my only advice is that it is very important to know your presentation topic through and through!
Thank you so much, that is loads of help!

Reactions: LawMadeInOven

Grace_winter9

Oct 21, 2020
Hey guys,

So based on my experience last year, the day is structured as a repeat of the WG test, then a group exercise and an interview. Group exercise is a pitch to a panel of two people and then the interview is your standard why bird & bird? Why law? Tell me about a time when... all that competency stuff. I also got a weird question 'Tell me about a time you've been faced with a moral dilemma?'.

Hope that helps!
Hi, is the group exercise a commercial case study?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.