Bird & Bird Assessment Centre

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi guys,

Following on from my video interview I have been invited to an AC with Bird & Bird. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with the firm and with what the day entails/what sort of things you do?

Any advice and tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
    Daniel

Zay

Star Member
    Oct 28, 2018
    Hey Daniel, I emailed the grad rec team asking what the day consists of because they haven't actually given any confirmed information and they said they'll be sending out an email close to the AC day just so you know!

Reactions: Daniel Boden
    No worries Jaysen - I've been invited for a vac scheme at Bird & Bird.

I've noticed your post on the AC and can confirm the format. If I had anything to add it would be know the strengths of the firm inside and out. For the group task it is appreciated when you relate your idea back to the firm e.g. B&B recently formed a partnership with Allbright in China - so we could access those markets!

Reactions: Hadrien Cignaco

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    No worries Jaysen - I've been invited for a vac scheme at Bird & Bird.

I've noticed your post on the AC and can confirm the format. If I had anything to add it would be know the strengths of the firm inside and out. For the group task it is appreciated when you relate your idea back to the firm e.g. B&B recently formed a partnership with Allbright in China - so we could access those markets!

Great - well done on the vac scheme!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hey guys,

So based on my experience last year, the day is structured as a repeat of the WG test, then a group exercise and an interview. Group exercise is a pitch to a panel of two people and then the interview is your standard why bird & bird? Why law? Tell me about a time when... all that competency stuff. I also got a weird question 'Tell me about a time you've been faced with a moral dilemma?'.

Hope that helps!

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
    May 12, 2019
    Hey guys - I got invited for an AC today, and my date is on 20/01/2020 so is coming up soon! I was wondering if anyone who has any information would be willing to share it with me - I haven't done an AC before so am not entirely sure where to start.

Congrats! Bizarre though, i got offered AC in early november and only got offered mid february for dates!

Rory

Jan 6, 2020
    Hey guys,

So based on my experience last year, the day is structured as a repeat of the WG test, then a group exercise and an interview. Group exercise is a pitch to a panel of two people and then the interview is your standard why bird & bird? Why law? Tell me about a time when... all that competency stuff. I also got a weird question 'Tell me about a time you've been faced with a moral dilemma?'.

Hope that helps!
    Thank you so much!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.