BPP Waterloo PGDL Start Date

Chardae

Sep 5, 2020
Hey there! Have you had any email communications?

They sent round a couple with links to materials etc for those students who sadly have not yet had materials released on the Hub and their timetables etc :)

I would advise checking your junk mail and if it helps I got an email at 11:15am this morning and think the previous one before that was 19:48 on the Friday night just gone.

Hey! No, only the ones that told me to access the Hub and change my password!
I've messaged on Facebook so hopefully they can help on here if not. I only got access to my Hub yesterday so maybe this is why..
Thanks though, hopefully they can help on fb.

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Sorry to message again but just wondering if there was much that we had to do for tomorrow? Hopefully I can access it in time to get some done lol.
There was a fair bit to do for the workshops but my first one is Tuesday according to my timetable. I think they will probably be quite fair and understanding this week in workshops though as it seems a number of people haven’t had the materials to prep with. The other aspects of my timetable this week like the welcome talk etc don’t have anything to prep for as far as I know.

did you manage to get in touch and did you get the email from them? In the email they did give people access to the required materials I think so that is probably the best thing to chase them for at this stage so at least you can read some of the materials before the workshops :)

I am sorry you’re experiencing this but I really hope that everything might be sorted soon

Chardae

Sep 5, 2020
Ah okay thank you. I've emailed and been speaking through facebook chat today too. Some materials have shown up on my Hub which allow me to go through to the VPE but it is all for 'apply' and nothing for 'prepare', which I assume I'd have access first to be able to then apply this. Hopefully this can get sorted and I can attempt to start. But yeah as you said, hopefully they'll be more understanding this week.

I'll email again r/e materials and see if I can get something sent through.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Blue cacti

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Mar 18, 2020
Ah okay thank you. I've emailed and been speaking through facebook chat today too. Some materials have shown up on my Hub which allow me to go through to the VPE but it is all for 'apply' and nothing for 'prepare', which I assume I'd have access first to be able to then apply this. Hopefully this can get sorted and I can attempt to start. But yeah as you said, hopefully they'll be more understanding this week.

I'll email again r/e materials and see if I can get something sent through.

Thanks so much for your advice!
I am in a Facebook chat with some people attending Leeds and I was the only one to be able to access the Hub materials before this weekend - I wouldn’t worry too much as a lot of people are in the same boat!

Hopefully this all gets sorted for people as soon as possible!

todareistodo

Standard Member
Jul 28, 2020
I am in a Facebook chat with some people attending Leeds and I was the only one to be able to access the Hub materials before this weekend - I wouldn’t worry too much as a lot of people are in the same boat!

Hopefully this all gets sorted for people as soon as possible!

I would point them in the direction of the BPP Facebook page and send them a direct message as im still getting updates from that channel even now. Had a query about my pre-reading and it was answered about 5 minutes ago.

Chardae

Sep 5, 2020
Simply a mess. Starts tomorrow and I am looking at the same screens that I am on Monday. They have handled all this terribly.
I would point them in the direction of the BPP Facebook page and send them a direct message as im still getting updates from that channel even now. Had a query about my pre-reading and it was answered about 5 minutes ago.

I agree, definitely message on the BPP Facebook. They sorted it all out for me yesterday and send me a PDF version of my timetable (as it still does not come up on my Outlook or Webschedules).

A question about course material - obviously all the notes are provided for 'Prepare' and everyone learns differently, but for the time they've given us (i.e. 5h prep/apply for each workshop), do you think this is just meant for reading through as opposed to making notes? I started making my notes yesterday and I'm sure I was doing so for 4-5h and I still didn't finish covering all the material for Workshop 1. I need to find a better way of doing this but just copying and pasting it won't help me learn so I'm not sure how to tackle this?

Thanks!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I agree, definitely message on the BPP Facebook. They sorted it all out for me yesterday and send me a PDF version of my timetable (as it still does not come up on my Outlook or Webschedules).

A question about course material - obviously all the notes are provided for 'Prepare' and everyone learns differently, but for the time they've given us (i.e. 5h prep/apply for each workshop), do you think this is just meant for reading through as opposed to making notes? I started making my notes yesterday and I'm sure I was doing so for 4-5h and I still didn't finish covering all the material for Workshop 1. I need to find a better way of doing this but just copying and pasting it won't help me learn so I'm not sure how to tackle this?

Thanks!
I feel the exact same as you as I too made notes on all the material and it took me a while. I think ELS has been quite factual and procedural in terms of the subject matter so I found it hard to condense as I usually would. I personally think that with most exams/courses the time it 'should' take as stated by the university/course convenors is not always accurate - I have a friend doing accredited exams in a different industry and she feels the same way. I personally learn quite well from note-taking and do not think reading alone would work for me so I am really just hoping I can be quite good with my time and just continue as I have started.

Don't feel alone though as I totally understand what you mean and felt the same :)

Chardae

Sep 5, 2020
I feel the exact same as you as I too made notes on all the material and it took me a while. I think ELS has been quite factual and procedural in terms of the subject matter so I found it hard to condense as I usually would. I personally think that with most exams/courses the time it 'should' take as stated by the university/course convenors is not always accurate - I have a friend doing accredited exams in a different industry and she feels the same way. I personally learn quite well from note-taking and do not think reading alone would work for me so I am really just hoping I can be quite good with my time and just continue as I have started.

Don't feel alone though as I totally understand what you mean and felt the same :)

Ah yeah well I'm glad it's not just me! Definitely hard to condense, hopefully as time goes on we can find better ways that work for us.
I agree, they will often say a time that is way below what it actually takes - just makes it harder to schedule and time block which is less ideal. I hope so too! I guess once the ball is rolling and you continue to be productive it may feel a bit more manageable.

Thanks though, as I said, I'm definitely glad it's not just me! :):)

• 🤝

Ar2016

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 2, 2019
Hi guys. have my first workshop tomorrow as well and am slightly confused regarding the 'prepare' aspect. Other than the readings to be done regarding Miller v Jackson, there is another task named ELS Adapt Presentation(pic attached below). However whenever I click on it I am redirected to another portal where it says no tasks due (second pic). Is this the case for everyone or am I missing something? Would Appreciate any help at all Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 16.28.55.png Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 16.28.24.png

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys. have my first workshop tomorrow as well and am slightly confused regarding the 'prepare' aspect. Other than the readings to be done regarding Miller v Jackson, there is another task named ELS Adapt Presentation(pic attached below). However whenever I click on it I am redirected to another portal where it says no tasks due (second pic). Is this the case for everyone or am I missing something? Would Appreciate any help at all View attachment 2051 View attachment 2052
do you mean preparation rather than presentation?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
it should direct you to 'Century' and if you navigate on the left hand side to the 'my modules' page you will hopefully see public law there - here you access the reading materials to prep for the workshops.

Let me know if any of this is unclear/if you need further guidance - it took me a little bit of time to get used to it!

Ar2016

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 2, 2019
Hi @Alice G Thank you so much for responding!

When I am redirected to Century its all blank when I go to 'my modules'. So clearly this is not supposed to be the case I imagine. I already feel so behind on the readings and stuff as I am trying to get raise so many issues with BPP facebook (had a whole debacle with my timetable and now I realised I don't even have Tort classes on my timetable which isn't supposed to be the case clearly).
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 17.30.04.png

• 🤝

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018

When I am redirected to Century its all blank when I go to 'my modules'. So clearly this is not supposed to be the case I imagine. I already feel so behind on the readings and stuff as I am trying to get raise so many issues with BPP facebook (had a whole debacle with my timetable and now I realised I don't even have Tort classes on my timetable which isn't supposed to be the case clearly).
View attachment 2053
This is where I see my modules, you're right, I think it sounds like you are doing everything that you can to resolve it and I am sure workshop tutors will be lenient this week in light of everything going on.

I know it is easy to say but try not to worry - you're doing all you can and just focus on doing the reading you can do for now. If there was a way for me to send you the module readings I would and sadly all my notes are handwritten otherwise I would email them to you.

I hope it gets resolved soon and always here if I can help in any way,

anon32323232

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020

View attachment 2053

I've got the exact same problem - contacted BPP and they said they're trying to fix it, but no luck as of yet. Could you lmk when yours is resolved?

• 🤝

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.