BPP Waterloo PGDL Start Date

Ar2016

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 2, 2019
I've got the exact same problem - contacted BPP and they said they're trying to fix it, but no luck as of yet. Could you lmk when yours is resolved?
Hi! Yes ofc i will. So far, I am still waiting and refreshing mine to check if its up and working but no luck so far.
How did you contact them? ( i am using facebook Lol)

aacesa

Nov 18, 2019
Hey guys, have any of you ordered GDL Answered Guides for this year? I'm thinking of getting them, but because the PGDL is a bit different I'm not sure it's worth the investment. If anyone does have the guides, how are you finding them? Would you recommend them? Thank you!

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hey guys, have any of you ordered GDL Answered Guides for this year? I'm thinking of getting them, but because the PGDL is a bit different I'm not sure it's worth the investment. If anyone does have the guides, how are you finding them? Would you recommend them? Thank you!
I have the answered guide with the view to getting the cases one (last time I checked it hadn’t been updated for this year) There is a section on EU law I think which doesn’t apply to the PGDL as far as I can see but I’d say it is worth it. It’s a very big book (I was shocked) and it’s nicely laid out and seem comprehensive and is easy to read :)

hope this helps! :)

aacesa

Nov 18, 2019
I have the answered guide with the view to getting the cases one (last time I checked it hadn’t been updated for this year) There is a section on EU law I think which doesn’t apply to the PGDL as far as I can see but I’d say it is worth it. It’s a very big book (I was shocked) and it’s nicely laid out and seem comprehensive and is easy to read :)

hope this helps! :)
Hi Alice, thanks so much for getting back to me! That's great to hear, I feel more inclined to get the guide now. I will probably wait until the cases one is released to get them as a bundle. I hope the GDL is going smoothly for you so far! :)

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi Alice, thanks so much for getting back to me! That's great to hear, I feel more inclined to get the guide now. I will probably wait until the cases one is released to get them as a bundle. I hope the GDL is going smoothly for you so far! :)
That sounds like a plan!!

Thank you! I hope it has for you too :)

Reactions: aacesa

bringtring

Standard Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hey there.

Can someone provide me with info relating to last year's term dates? I can't find this year's September start PGDL dates, so I think the next best thing would be last year's. I'd like to know things like when the exams are? Is there a reading week? When does the course end?

Nicktim

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hey there.

Can someone provide me with info relating to last year's term dates? I can't find this year's September start PGDL dates, so I think the next best thing would be last year's. I'd like to know things like when the exams are? Is there a reading week? When does the course end?

For the September 2020 intake dates:

Term 1 start: 7th September
Consolidation week (revision and mocks): week of 19th October
Term 1 exams: Weeks of 7th and 14th December followed by Christmas break
Term 2 start: 11th January
Consolidation week: week of 15th February
Term 2 exams: weeks of 5th and 12th April
Results: June 17th

Reading week - apart from the Christmas holiday there are 2 consolidation weeks which are actually quite heavy on workload with lots of consolidation lectures to do as well as mock exams.
Course end - after the last exam in April.

• ℹ️
Reactions: bringtring and Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.