BPP Waterloo PGDL Start Date

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hey guys, just a quick one, I looked at the welcome materials etc and have been preparing for the induction week but I haven’t yet seen evidence of lecture style teaching. Having read the handbook I searched for ‘lecture’ and one instance of the word came up but does anyone know if we do have lectures/audio as part of our learning or is it strictly written online materials and the 2 hour workshops per module?
I didn’t listen into any of the BPP webinars which I feel were probably very useful but wondered if anyone else had and is this question was broached?

Tasha

Aug 17, 2020
Hey guys, just a quick one, I looked at the welcome materials etc and have been preparing for the induction week but I haven’t yet seen evidence of lecture style teaching. Having read the handbook I searched for ‘lecture’ and one instance of the word came up but does anyone know if we do have lectures/audio as part of our learning or is it strictly written online materials and the 2 hour workshops per module?
I didn’t listen into any of the BPP webinars which I feel were probably very useful but wondered if anyone else had and is this question was broached?
I think only the workshops are taught? Someone on the Facebook group might know more

Nicktim

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Due to start in 3 days and still have no idea about timetables, what classes we have next week for induction or preparation ahead of induction. How difficult is it for them to send a blanket email to all students rather than sending small pieces of information to individual students when they ask?!

Blue cacti

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Mar 18, 2020
Due to start in 3 days and still have no idea about timetables, what classes we have next week for induction or preparation ahead of induction. How difficult is it for them to send a blanket email to all students rather than sending small pieces of information to individual students when they ask?!
My calendar became available yesterday via BPP Outlook - so I’d maybe check if yours is there too. Have you been unable to access the pre reading on the Hub?

JB10

Standard Member
Aug 27, 2020
Been on hold for 30 minutes- still no materials or timetable for next week. Same with you?

JB10

Standard Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hey guys! Just to chip in I’ve been checking the Hub and I still haven’t got anything there other than the welcome pack materials (none of which are pre-reading). Has anyone actually got access to this public law reading or is it possible it might go live next week? I do have a notification in my hub now which wasn’t there before saying that materials will be coming in the next few days so I’m hoping this is all ok for now :)
Hi there- is there any way you could forward me the welcome pack? I haven’t even received that haha

Nicktim

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I’m really stressed- what is happening on Monday on your timetable? And how is it being delivered? Sorry for all the questions

There’s a 1 hour welcome talk at 9am and a 1 hour talk on learning support at 10am and that’s it on Monday. Doesn’t say how it’s accessed so I’m guessing it’s through the Hub or something.

Tasha

Aug 17, 2020
I’m really stressed- what is happening on Monday on your timetable? And how is it being delivered? Sorry for all the questions
Part time students were told today that their timetables won't be ready until next Friday

Full time should receive them today, mine randomly appeared today. It came on webschedules first so try that instead of outlook?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi there- is there any way you could forward me the welcome pack? I haven’t even received that haha
Hey there! It is all in the Hub and I don't think a lot of it is easy to forward on as I have accessed it all through that. I would try to email BPP but if you still have nothing by early next week I will try my best to help you!

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
Sep 2, 2020
I should not be on the thread as I am a parent (and lawyer), not a student, but I have 2 children starting the PDGL full time next week so have a bit of a vested interest. One child who is living at home during the PGDL said that yesterday he saw on the Hub that everyone who had not been registered by then (which included him but not his sibling who had been) had all now been "automatically registered" now (although I have no evidence if that is true) and that he had something on (online) at 9am on this coming Monday (7th). I am assuming he knows how to access it.

I am trying to keep out of it and not chase my children or ask them to show me their timetable as they are adults, but I did stumble on this thread and thought it might be helpful to add that there seems to have been that last minute mass registration. I was just concerned a few days ago that one adult child had been registered and the other had not.

todareistodo

Standard Member
Jul 28, 2020
I should not be on the thread as I am a parent (and lawyer), not a student, but I have 2 children starting the PDGL full time next week so have a bit of a vested interest. One child who is living at home during the PGDL said that yesterday he saw on the Hub that everyone who had not been registered by then (which included him but not his sibling who had been) had all now been "automatically registered" now (although I have no evidence if that is true) and that he had something on (online) at 9am on this coming Monday (7th). I am assuming he knows how to access it.

I am trying to keep out of it and not chase my children or ask them to show me their timetable as they are adults, but I did stumble on this thread and thought it might be helpful to add that there seems to have been that last minute mass registration. I was just concerned a few days ago that one adult child had been registered and the other had not.

Hi there, I know that BPP are only this weekend as I spoke to them today about a timetable query that was sorted out this afternoon. I would recommend sending them a direct message on Facebook as they seem to respond really quickly even out of hours.

Chardae

Sep 5, 2020
Hey guys, any news? I still don't have my timetable and when I go onto the VLE I don't seem to be enrolled on the course? Is this the same for anyone else? Is it my issue to sort or on their end?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hey guys, any news? I still don't have my timetable and when I go onto the VLE I don't seem to be enrolled on the course? Is this the same for anyone else? Is it my issue to sort or on their end?
Hey there! Have you had any email communications?

They sent round a couple with links to materials etc for those students who sadly have not yet had materials released on the Hub and their timetables etc :)

I would advise checking your junk mail and if it helps I got an email at 11:15am this morning and think the previous one before that was 19:48 on the Friday night just gone.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.