PGDL at BPP - Reading List

jlaw

Jan 16, 2024
Hello,

Recently started at BPP Manchester to study the PGDL course. They have delayed the start date of the course by a week and have not released the reading list or study materials for the course.

Does anyone who has studied this course previously at BPP have access to the reading list or can point me in the right direction for reading materials I should start with?

I am an English Lit grad with no past education in Law.

Thanks in advance.

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    I'm not sure about this but the GDL Answered guide was quite good as a study aid and the Optimize Revision Guides were very good. Would recommend keeping a case bank for you to read regularly so you have that in the back of your mind!

Reactions: jlaw

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 2, 2021
    Ah, BPP... not only was there a huge data breach whilst I was studying there which shut down all online resources for a couple of my peers, but one of them had to retake all of her exams because she was shut out of the system and not allowed in (she was a 42 year old career changer, so I can't even imagine how horrified and discouraged she was). I mean, all's well that ends well but make sure you download everything !!!!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: I’m_Batman and jlaw

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Hello,

Recently started at BPP Manchester to study the PGDL course. They have delayed the start date of the course by a week and have not released the reading list or study materials for the course.

Does anyone who has studied this course previously at BPP have access to the reading list or can point me in the right direction for reading materials I should start with?

I am an English Lit grad with no past education in Law.

Thanks in advance.
    When I was doing the PgDL, my contract law tutor recommended contract law nutshells, while you will not learn the whole module from this book, it is good as a primer, before you go into the substantive reading for each week.

I also purchased the nutshells on Equity and Trusts and this was good as well.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.