PGDL law foundations course info

Lillith

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 14, 2021
Hi! I‘m starting the law foundations course at BPP in September and was wondering when they typically send out information about textbooks, timetables, modules etc.- I know that knowing when I’ll find out doesn’t really matter that much, but somehow I‘ll feel more prepared 😄 does anyone who’s done the course (or the PGDL if that what it was called last year) remember roughly when they got this information?

This might just be information I have to wait for as it may have changed since last year, but I was also wondering whether the course materials will be physical or digital

Thanks!

Reactions: Bestkid98

IRO

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer 5
Jan 21, 2021
I'm on the same course at Waterloo this year and I think we will receive information 2 weeks before the course starts - so at the start of September.

Reactions: Lillith

sa174m

• Jul 3, 2022
    Hi! I‘m starting the law foundations course at BPP in September and was wondering when they typically send out information about textbooks, timetables, modules etc.- I know that knowing when I’ll find out doesn’t really matter that much, but somehow I‘ll feel more prepared 😄 does anyone who’s done the course (or the PGDL if that what it was called last year) remember roughly when they got this information?

This might just be information I have to wait for as it may have changed since last year, but I was also wondering whether the course materials will be physical or digital

Thanks!
    Hi Lillith,

I'm completing my PGDL now with BPP. There are no textbooks so you will not be sent anything. Everything is online on their platform (BPP Hub). You will automatically have your timetable on your calendar on your outlook. They won't send it as a file.

One thing I wish someone told me was that you should start prepping early. Basically, you prepare for each workshop because you come to class and do tasks/activities instead of it being a lecture. You have to go through the Adapt elements (one you go on the Hub, you'll find each module and each workshop and what you have to prepare).

I also wish someone told me about the PGDL Guide. It really really helped me but I only started using it in second semester: https://lawanswered.com/about-pgdl

Good luck and I hope this helped!

Lillith

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 14, 2021
    Hi Lillith,

I'm completing my PGDL now with BPP. There are no textbooks so you will not be sent anything. Everything is online on their platform (BPP Hub). You will automatically have your timetable on your calendar on your outlook. They won't send it as a file.

One thing I wish someone told me was that you should start prepping early. Basically, you prepare for each workshop because you come to class and do tasks/activities instead of it being a lecture. You have to go through the Adapt elements (one you go on the Hub, you'll find each module and each workshop and what you have to prepare).

I also wish someone told me about the PGDL Guide. It really really helped me but I only started using it in second semester: https://lawanswered.com/about-pgdl

Ah okay, I assumed we‘d get some form of textbooks so that‘s good to know. And I‘ll definitely get the law answered books- I was thinking of doing so anyway. Thanks :)

Bestkid98

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 22, 2020
    Thanks for his thread, curious about the Law Foundation Course as I’m due to start it in September at BPP Waterloo.

I’m aware there’s 9 modules across the year to do, but which modules will we start with / focus on for semester 1, so I can start preparing in advance?

Many thanks in advance :)

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    Thanks for his thread, curious about the Law Foundation Course as I’m due to start it in September at BPP Waterloo.

I’m aware there’s 9 modules across the year to do, but which modules will we start with / focus on for semester 1, so I can start preparing in advance?

This info is all on the hub now 😊 - term one is Public 1, Tort, Contract, and Company, as well as FLS.

• Love

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    Amazing thanks for the information, the hub just shows all the modules but there isn’t a order for which modules are taught first - Huge thank you again!!!!!
    You’ll want to complete the welcome programme. That has all the information, including a study planner and dates

sa174m

• Jul 3, 2022

It will be Public Law 1, Contract Law, Company Law and Tort Law for Semester 1

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    Can anyone log in to BPP Adapt yet? My account still isn’t working even though induction material suggests we should be able to access it.

LBT99

Junior Lawyer
    Jun 10, 2021
    It might be worth checking again! - As of today I can log in to both the Hub and Adapt

I've been able to log into the Hub since I first got my BPP email, but still can't log into the Adapt elements. Maybe I'll have to contact them then - I'm glad you can log in now, though!

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    I've been able to log into the Hub since I first got my BPP email, but still can't log into the Adapt elements. Maybe I'll have to contact them then - I'm glad you can log in now, though!
    I did contact them so maybe that's why I can now access Adapt? - they haven't told me anything though, it just works now

Reactions: LBT99

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    has anyone doing this course got through their timetable yet - or heard anything about the impact of the bank holiday on the first day of induction?
    I have my timetable now!

Also, the hub says: 'The Induction Sessions have been put back a day from the original date due to the holding of the State Funeral and the declaration of the Bank Holiday.'

Last edited:

horsesforlawcourses

Oct 14, 2021
    Hi Lillith,

Hi sa174m, hoping I can pick your brains! I've got my timetable through now (full time in person) and I just have four workshops a week. Am I right in thinking that there are no lectures etc? It's just four workshops a week with all the independent study and preparation on top of that? additionally, what happens if you miss a workshop? If you know you are going to need to miss one for something like hospital treatment, funeral, etc etc - is there someone you need to ask if you're missing a workshop and how do you catch up?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.