Dec 23, 2019
My timeline was as follows:

Application: 3 Dec
Online test: received 4 Dec; completed 8 Dec
Video interview: invite 21 Dec; sent 26 Dec
AC invite: 6 Jan
AC: 21 Jan
CMS academy offer: 26 Jan

I completed my AC last week and I know there were 3 sessions that week. The week before there were also another 3 ACs

Last edited:

Alaw96

Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
My timeline:

Sent application- 26th November
Test invite- 27th November
Video Interview completed- 20th December
Assessment Centre invite- January 6th
Assessment Centre completed-January 16th
CMS Academy Offer- January 20th

Anindita Banerjee

Jan 30, 2020
I submitted my form in early November, and completed my video interview in late November. I got confirmation that they had received it, and it says “reviewed” for the status, but I haven’t heard anything back yet - should I assume I’ve been unsuccessful?

Last edited:

Flk10

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I submitted my form in early November, and completed my video interview in late November. I got confirmation that they had received it, and it says “reviewed” for the status, but I haven’t heard anything back yet - should I assume I’ve been unsuccessful?
Not necessarily, I completed my VI at the start of December and the status sat at 'reviewed' for 5 weeks and I then got an AC invite.

lawstudent2111

Feb 22, 2020
I have been invited recently; have you completed yours yet?

If so how did it go?

I completed the VI for first steps and was successful, found it quite reasonable, 4 questions competency and CMS based but 60 second time limit I found difficult to be precise! I just completed a telephone interview for the next stage and found it much more difficult, mainly competency-based again and some I came up that I hadn't heard of before and had no idea what to say so presumably my answer was a waffle! I think just go over as many as those types of questions as you can and practice being to the point with your answers and you will do well!

ASG1

Mar 5, 2020
I completed the VI for first steps and was successful, found it quite reasonable, 4 questions competency and CMS based but 60 second time limit I found difficult to be precise! I just completed a telephone interview for the next stage and found it much more difficult, mainly competency-based again and some I came up that I hadn't heard of before and had no idea what to say so presumably my answer was a waffle! I think just go over as many as those types of questions as you can and practice being to the point with your answers and you will do well!

What office did everyone apply to?

Sofia R

Mar 5, 2020

oh wow, there is a phone interview after the VI? That’s odd I thought it was the AC.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.