Competency Q: how have you dealt with a problem?

HH

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi all, doing some prep for competency/strength based Qs and I'm struggling to decide on what would be a good example of a problem to talk about in reference to the subject title.

I'm assuming something sudden or unforeseeable would be better than, say, working with a small budget/lack of support? What do you think?

Aurochschiette

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
IMO, overcoming something unforeseen shows adaptability and problem-solving under pressure, as opposed to having time to gameplan for known constraints.

That said, either would work as long as you can make a compelling case for something you did that shows resilience and ingenuity.

Reactions: Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, doing some prep for competency/strength based Qs and I'm struggling to decide on what would be a good example of a problem to talk about in reference to the subject title.

I'm assuming something sudden or unforeseeable would be better than, say, working with a small budget/lack of support? What do you think?

Just choose the example that you felt gave you the biggest challenge or learning. Try not to pick examples you think your interviewer wants to hear - choose your best example.

Reactions: Sam Cantele

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.