How to have a strong application?

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have decided to apply to vacation schemes with the next cycle, because I think (I'm fairly certain) that I haven't done enough in terms of anything that would actually allow me to have a strong application. I just wanted to post here to ask if anyone can offer some advice.

I'm pretty stuck on having extracurriculars and achievements that are worth talking about. I know that these things are of course dependant on many individual factors, but if anyone has any general advice on the best way to look for and gain these opportunities that would make my application stronger, I would really appreciate it. I'm aware of things like virtual internships on forage, and I know that LegalCheek do talks with firms that we can take part in, but I wonder if taking part in these two things is favourable in an application?

I would also like to raise my commercial awareness - I have purchased a bronze level subscription for Watson Daily, but I'm kind of struggling with it. I wonder if anyone can give some guidance on the best way to read the newsletters in order to actually gain commercial awareness, especially in terms of it being related to commercial law.

I would be grateful for any advice!!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.