Experience with Osborne Clarke virtual AC

Lilil

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hey, yes they did, think my presentation was around 8 mins long so they filled the rest of the half hour asking me questions, all linked to the presentation (and all quite predictable)

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Did mine this morning, you get a task, followed by an hour of prep time, then have to deliver a 10 min presentation (mine was to two partners). My start time on the email invite said 9:30am, but the actual thing started at 10am which was annoying.
    Hi Lilil,

Thank you so much for your insights!! Just to clarify, are we given a particular topic and we have to do some research on it or is it a case study where you're given a lot of documents about a company and you have to assist/spot issues?

Lilil

Star Member
    Jan 12, 2023
    Hi Lilil,

Thank you so much for your insights!! Just to clarify, are we given a particular topic and we have to do some research on it or is it a case study where you're given a lot of documents about a company and you have to assist/spot issues?
    Hey, its a topic to research, there is no information to look at besides the brief. You can use any resources you like for your research.

• 🏆
    Reactions: bella98

HugoH

Feb 2, 2024
    Did mine this morning, you get a task, followed by an hour of prep time, then have to deliver a 10 min presentation (mine was to two partners). My start time on the email invite said 9:30am, but the actual thing started at 10am which was annoying.
    Hi thanks for this helpful info. Was there anything within the presentation/questions from partners that asked about yourself and your motivations for applying to OC or was it all from a commercial and objective point of view?

noha01

Jan 31, 2024
    Hi, I have my online AC on Monday. Do you have examples of the types of commercial questions they asked, were they specifically about the topic, and nothing about you and the firm?
    Hi, I had the AC yesterday, the questions were specifically on the topic. The only questions about the firm were how they might be involved within the topic to assist clients etc.

As an example, I mentioned contracts law and they asked me how a firm would go about securing contracts for clients. Just be prepared to expand a little on anything you mention and you'll do good :)

Reactions: searchingforaTC

77777law

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2023
    Hi all, thanks for all these really helpful insights! Do you think it is expected to provide slides during the presentation? As I can see there is an option to share your screen on the online platform. Just not sure whether we would have time to create slides and all with 1 hour research time? Thanks :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.