Fieldfisher 2023/24 Direct TC Application

WhenSuitsMeetsGreysAnatomy

Premium Member
  • Sep 9, 2021
    My application says the same.
    I applied on 17/01, received the test invite on 22/1, took the test on 25/1 and received the feedback on 27/01. Nothing else since then...
    Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is doing good and good luck with all your applications!! Just wanted to say that I am in the exact same position with exact dates for the 2024 TC! Hopefully we all hear back soon, I think they have started giving positions for their Diversity Schemes so maybe now they will finally look at our applications!

Reactions: TCG

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hi everyone, just so you know I applied for the 2023 direct TC at Fieldfisher and just received a PFO after sitting the online assessment on Friday!

I am so sorry to hear @NCLaw, I wish you the best of luck with other applications!

Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is doing good and good luck with all your applications!! Just wanted to say that I am in the exact same position with exact dates for the 2024 TC! Hopefully we all hear back soon, I think they have started giving positions for their Diversity Schemes so maybe now they will finally look at our applications!

Hi, @WhenSuitsMeetsGreysAnatomy, just to be sure, have you completed your online test? And if so, when? I submitted mine roughly last week Wednesday.

Let's hope that we will receive a positive response from Fieldfisher very soon!

• 🤝
    Reactions: NCLaw

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    I did the TI today and it was a complete trainwreck. I am very disappointed how I answered the questions
    They told me they will get back to me with a PFO in 7 days
    Hi @NadineBusty - I am so sorry to hear that - may I ask did you apply for 2023 TC? Also, without going into the specifics of the questions asked, may I ask what were the broader themes of questions (competency/strength/commercial awareness) asked during the Tele interview? And how many questions were you asked?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Stel01

Mar 2, 2022
    Hi
    I did my online test in December but still haven't heard back. This isn't unlike FF, they were slow last year. They're actively recruiting for their recruitment team so I'd assume they're a but thin on the ground

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 17, 2021
    The process can definitely take some time as the team is quite small - they are (rightfully, I think) proud of the fact that everything is reviewed by a person. The downside is that it does of course take a little longer.

Reactions: John Doe

TCG

Star Member
    Jul 7, 2020
    Hi guys, just received a holding email from the graduate team:

" Thank you for completing the online strengths assessment for Training Contract 2023 (London) and I am sorry that there has been a delay in providing the outcome of your application. Your application is now with one of the Early Careers team for review and we should be able to provide you an outcome of this review in the next few weeks."

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hi guys, just received a holding email from the graduate team:

" Thank you for completing the online strengths assessment for Training Contract 2023 (London) and I am sorry that there has been a delay in providing the outcome of your application. Your application is now with one of the Early Careers team for review and we should be able to provide you an outcome of this review in the next few weeks."
    I received a similar email, too. Have to say Fieldfisher is quite transparent, not many firms would actively update candidates on the progress of the application.

I also echo with @LlamaLaw (great name, btw 😄)that it is a positive thing to have applications to be reviewed by a person.

Premium Member
  • Sep 9, 2021
    I am so sorry to hear @NCLaw, I wish you the best of luck with other applications!

Hi, @WhenSuitsMeetsGreysAnatomy, just to be sure, have you completed your online test? And if so, when? I submitted mine roughly last week Wednesday.

Let's hope that we will receive a positive response from Fieldfisher very soon!
    Hey! So I applied around the 19th of January and after 6 days I got an email to do the online test! So I did it quite fast, I did it around the 27th of January! I have not heard anything since then. It is honestly taking so long! Did you also apply for 2024?

Reactions: John Doe

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hey! So I applied around the 19th of January and after 6 days I got an email to do the online test! So I did it quite fast, I did it around the 27th of January! I have not heard anything since then. It is honestly taking so long! Did you also apply for 2024?
    Yes, I am applying for 2024, too. Though I applied around 31st Jan and received the online test invite around 21st Feb. Have you received an email informing you that they have received your test result and are reviewing your application?

Legend! @LlamaLaw Thank you and I will definitely ask if I have any questions.

Reactions: LlamaLaw

Premium Member
  • Sep 9, 2021
    Yes, I am applying for 2024, too. Though I applied around 31st Jan and received the online test invite around 21st Feb. Have you received an email informing you that they have received your test result and are reviewing your application?

Legend! @LlamaLaw Thank you and I will definitely ask if I have any questions.
    I got my feedback report two days after I did the test but thats about it! No other emails!

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 17, 2021
    Hi @NadineBusty - I am so sorry to hear that - may I ask did you apply for 2023 TC? Also, without going into the specifics of the questions asked, may I ask what were the broader themes of questions (competency/strength/commercial awareness) asked during the Tele interview? And how many questions were you asked?

Thank you so much!
    Competency and motivational definitely stood out to me as the main areas. I don't recall too much commercial awareness apart from some fairly broad questions

A

AspiringIPLawyer

Just an update, I've still not received an invitation for the online test (applied on the deadline on 4th Feb) or any communication since sending my application. Just wondering whether anyone else is in the same position? 😊

• 🤝
    Reactions: Z_H02 and KceeCan

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.