Fieldfisher 2023/24 Direct TC Application

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
Just an update, I received an email today saying:
'Thank you for taking the time to apply to Fieldfisher.
Unfortunately, we have now filled the Training Contract 2024 (London) vacancies for this recruitment round and will be unable to consider your application on this occasion.'

It's exactly the same email I received last year. I know I should have learned my lesson and not applied so close to the deadline but I do think it's a bit upsetting that they make you go through the lengthy process of writing a full personalised application, waiting weeks, being invited to take the test, then waiting more weeks just to be told that all the vacancies have been filled and they won't even look at your application 😔

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear / had TI invites / AC invites! 🤞🏼
I'm so sorry to hear that - very best luck with your vacation scheme!

vikbogat

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2021
Hi all, I’m just wondering whether the cappfinity test had a verbal reasoning element to it or whether the test was simply situational judgement questions?

Many thanks in advance e
Hi, I have also been sent Cappfinity test yesterday and want to know whether it includes verbal/critical element. May I ask if you applied for VS at Fieldfisher too?

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hi, does anyone know whether the capp fieldfisher test includes a verbal WG element?

many thanks
Hi, yes it does from my memory I think at the end of the assessment there is a 'critical thinking' section. I might be wrong though as I may be confusing it with another firm's Capp test but I am fairly sure there is a section on critical thinking. I got a PFO after the online assessment for the Diversity Access Scheme, and tbh I wish I had brushed up on WG style questions as I didn't expect to see them!

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi, yes it does from my memory I think at the end of the assessment there is a 'critical thinking' section. I might be wrong though as I may be confusing it with another firm's Capp test but I am fairly sure there is a section on critical thinking. I got a PFO after the online assessment for the Diversity Access Scheme, and tbh I wish I had brushed up on WG style questions as I didn't expect to see them!
Thankyou!!

Reactions: missingh

Kobarati29

Jan 11, 2023
Hi, I was just wondering whether the online assessment for the Diversity Access Scheme at Fieldfisher also has a critical thinking component, or if it was just situation based judgements?

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2021
Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone can offer insight on the telephone interview?

Thanks in advance
A combination of competency and motivational questions if I remember rightly. I'm not entirely sure, but it might be worthwhile to brush up on your CV as I vaguely remember a question about summarising my experiences to date.

• 🏆
Reactions: hopefullawyer123

acheampong29

Standard Member
May 5, 2022
Hi all

I've been invited to the Assessment Centre stage for Fieldfisher. The criteria for the assessment is:

An individual case study exercise (I suspect the case study will require either a PESTLE/SWOT analysis, which I have done before with Stephenson Harwood)
A team-based exercise and; (I have never done a team-based exercise before and I am unsure how to approach this)
An interview with one of our fee-earners (I am unsure if this is the Partner interview for the last stage, or if the Partner Interview is separate from this. I will treat it as though this is the Partner interview)

Does anyone have any experience with the case study exercises used by Fieldfisher? Furthermore, any guidance on the team-based exercise is much appreciated! Thank you so much :)

Reactions: vikbogat

vikbogat

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2021
Hi all

I've been invited to the Assessment Centre stage for Fieldfisher. The criteria for the assessment is:

An individual case study exercise (I suspect the case study will require either a PESTLE/SWOT analysis, which I have done before with Stephenson Harwood)
A team-based exercise and; (I have never done a team-based exercise before and I am unsure how to approach this)
An interview with one of our fee-earners (I am unsure if this is the Partner interview for the last stage, or if the Partner Interview is separate from this. I will treat it as though this is the Partner interview)

Does anyone have any experience with the case study exercises used by Fieldfisher? Furthermore, any guidance on the team-based exercise is much appreciated! Thank you so much :)
Hi, may I ask if you have been invited to TC AC?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.