Flex Legal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kim LD, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Kim LD

Kim LD Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hey everyone!

I applied to Flex Legal and have an interview coming next week (Wednesday). Does anyone have advice for the interview (what to prepare etc.)?

Any info on Flex such as sponsor firms, length of contracts etc would be useful as well!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Salma

Salma Legendary Member
    Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    Hey Kim!

I’m with F-LEX. The interview did not really feel like an interview to be honest, it was just a conversation about what I studied, my experiences to date and what I’m looking for in terms of paralegal positions (in house or law firms), practice areas that I’m interested in and how I discovered F-LEX.

I then had to complete a writtten exercise where I corrected punctuation, grammar and amending clauses within an agreement that were not commercially desirable for the client I was acting for.

I then had to complete a short video, detailing my name, what stage I am at and what I am looking for, this video would then be sent to F-LEX clients for future vacancies.

In terms of length of contracts, it really depends on what F-LEX clients are looking for, it could be very short (1-3 months) or a permanent position. The booking assistants who contact you to discuss these positions will detail all of this before moving you on for an interview.

I hope this answers your questions and good luck Kim :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Kim LD

Kim LD Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Thank you soooooo much Salma!!! Yes this is exactly the answers I was looking for! I’ll let you know how it goes by the end of next week if you’re interested haha

Thank you again :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Salma

Salma Legendary Member
    Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    No worries Kim. Good luck once again, I am sure you’ll smash it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. huasheng

huasheng New Member

TCLA Credits:
    I just had an interview with flex today. Just add a few more questions you might be asked during the interview:

Interesting non-legal fact about yourself
    Describe yourself with three words
    Your Hobbies

For me, there was not written exercise, I was asked to point out the main legal issues in a poorly drafted contract.

6. Matt_96

Matt_96 Esteemed Member

TCLA Credits:
    Sorry to revive a long-dead thread, but does anyone know if the kind of questioning detailed above still rings true? I have an interview with Flex on Monday.

Is there anything competency based?

@Salma @huasheng @Kim LD

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Esteemed Member

TCLA Credits:
    I did an interview in May 2020 and I wasn't asked any of those questions. I was just asked what I knew about Flex, how I heard about them, and whether I was looking to work part or full time. I may have been asked a few more questions but if so nothing stands out in my mind as having been challenging. After the interview there was an extract from a contract you are asked to read and comment on and send back to them. They may have changed it but mine was very relaxed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matt_96

Matt_96 Esteemed Member

TCLA Credits:
    Thanks for your reply. That sounds relatively straightforward.

I understand that the flow of work isn't very consistent, and mostly doc review stuff. Would you say that this has been your experience? Have you been able to use your time with Flex to help you get a more permanent paralegal job/TC elsewhere?

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Esteemed Member

TCLA Credits:
    I haven't done any work with Flex yet. I didn't hear anything from them from May - October due to the (understandably) low demand. In October I heard from them about two jobs I could apply for but by then I'd secured another job.

10. Matt_96

Matt_96 Esteemed Member

TCLA Credits:
    I see. Very eye opening. Thanks!