Free Month of TCLA Premium (Bronze) Every Week (21-22)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Yes, apologies @Adrian_S - I completely forgot to pick this up and allocate this to someone. If you don't have someone who you want to nominate, @AvniD and I can pick another winner. Please let us know what you would like to do and we'll get it all sorted ASAP!

I’d be delighted if you all could choose someone on my behalf. Thanks, friends!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’d be delighted if you all could choose someone on my behalf. Thanks, friends!
Someone we have felt has posted a lot of useful content in recent weeks is @summer207, so we are very happy to provide them with the prize instead.

@summer207 - thank you for your posts in recent months - you have been a great contributor to the TCLA community. You have been a strong contender for the weekly awards a few times now, and have just been pipped to post by people like @Adrian_S , so we are delighted to be giving this award to you instead.

I will send you with a private message with some more details about the award and how you can claim your prize.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Someone we have felt has posted a lot of useful content in recent weeks is @summer207, so we are very happy to provide them with the prize instead.

@summer207 - thank you for your posts in recent months - you have been a great contributor to the TCLA community. You have been a strong contender for the weekly awards a few times now, and have just been pipped to post by people like @Adrian_S , so we are delighted to be giving this award to you instead.

I will send you with a private message with some more details about the award and how you can claim your prize.

this was such an excellent choice, @Jessica Booker ! @summer207 is iconic!

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021

Wow, thank you so much! I watched one of the publicly available videos from the TCLA to TC series, and was hoping to access the rest of ‘Converting Vacation Schemes Into Training Contracts’, so this could not have come at a better time!

I really appreciate it, I’ve learnt so much from the TCLA community so always happy to help when I can 😊

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Wow, thank you so much! I watched one of the publicly available videos from the TCLA to TC series, and was hoping to access the rest of ‘Converting Vacation Schemes Into Training Contracts’, so this could not have come at a better time!

I really appreciate it, I’ve learnt so much from the TCLA community so always happy to help when I can 😊
@summer207 I am delighted to hear this. Thank you for being such a friendly and positive presence in the community. I really hope that you enjoy the course 🚀. Let us know how you find it!

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
I am delighted to nominate @s10 for this week 🙌

I was blown away by this post yesterday. This sentiment was echoed by the rest of the team. For example, @AvniD described it as one of the best posts that she had ever read on the forum.

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouraging others in such an authentic and honest way. Your post reflects the community values that we aspire towards.

I will PM you with the details of your prize now.

I really look forward to interacting with you more on the forum in the future! 💪

• 🏆
  • Love
Reactions: s10, Adrian_S and AvniD

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
This week's winner is @lawlondon65 for this post which the Community Manager team found particularly motivational. Posts like this really help to see how pursuing law is not always about taking the "traditional" route and doesn't need to rely on securing a VS or TC at a particular point in your academic career.

Thank you @lawlondon65 for your post. I will be in contact via PM about your prize details.

Reactions: Alison C

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
For this week, I'd like to recognise @DTS for their super helpful post on Ashurst's online assessments here. We haven't seen much information on this on the forum so thank you for making a most useful contribution! 👏👏👏

Please see this post here for information on how you can claim your prize!

Reactions: Adrian_S

rightletsdothis

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 30, 2022
    For this week, I'd like to recognise @DTS for their super helpful post on Ashurst's online assessments here. We haven't seen much information on this on the forum so thank you for making a most useful contribution! 👏👏👏

Thank you so much!! I am really glad I could help people out with the Ashurst application, seeing as it's a brand new system. I am already a premium member however. So does this mean I can switch it for the £5 Amazon voucher? If not, I am just super happy to help out this community which has helped me so much this cycle!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alison C

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Thank you so much!! I am really glad I could help people out with the Ashurst application, seeing as it's a brand new system. I am already a premium member however. So does this mean I can switch it for the £5 Amazon voucher? If not, I am just super happy to help out this community which has helped me so much this cycle!
    PM'd you!

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    We are thrilled to present this week's award to @F1_Legal for a truly outstanding reflection on your training contract journey that I am sure will inspire countless members going forward!

It is a pleasure to have witnessed your commitment to the forum in recent months and we are particularly grateful that after receiving your offer you came back to provide your detailed insight to the TCLA community. Check your PMs for the logistics of receiving your much-deserved award 😊

Congratulations!!

• 🏆
    Reactions: AvniD and Alison C

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Although this is a little late in the week, I would like to award @SoniaSitea for their consistent support of other members on the forum over the past few weeks.

This post
    a fantastic example of why our community is known for being a positive and encouraging place for aspiring lawyers. Having members like you in the community is why I am proud to work for TCLA!

Thank you for going above and beyond in looking out for others, Sonia.

I will PM you with the details of how you can claim your reward 🚀 🚀

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    For this week, I'm nominating @Ameliaa and @CC77 as joint winners! Your posts here and here were the perfect mix of being supportive and empathetic and embodied the values that are at the core for us here at TCLA. Very well done and wishing you the best!

• Love
    Reactions: CC77 and Ameliaa

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 4, 2022
    For this week, I'm nominating @Ameliaa and @CC77 as joint winners! Your posts here and here were the perfect mix of being supportive and empathetic and embodied the values that are at the core for us here at TCLA. Very well done and wishing you the best!

Thank you so much for the nomination! This was a very pleasant surprise and I really appreciate it :)

CC77

Premium Member
    Aug 25, 2020

Thank you so much for nominating me! This is brilliant start to the week! 😊😊

summer207

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2021
    @summer207 I am delighted to hear this. Thank you for being such a friendly and positive presence in the community. I really hope that you enjoy the course 🚀. Let us know how you find it!
    Hi @George Maxwell, I hope you are well! I found the course very helpful and it is by far the most comprehensive resource I used when preparing for my VS. I went into it confident in my abilities and having an idea of the kind of things to consider and clarify when assigned work, given a group task, etc. I'd recommend it to anyone that has an upcoming VS.

That being said, I was offered a training contract with Baker McKenzie a few days ago following the spring VS! I'll still be attending my other VS in the summer because BM has kindly extended my offer, but I am so pleased with this outcome. Thank you to @Jaysen for starting this platform, and to @Jessica Booker @James Carrabino @AvniD and of course, George for all your responses to my questions and contributions to the forum! I've taken the time to celebrate but wanted to express my gratitude for the forum - the support from the TCLA team and anonymous strangers, the articles that helped me prepare for interview and case study exercises, etc. My inbox is always open to help others on the forum in any way I can. I cannot guarantee quick responses with exams coming up soon 😅 but I'll do my best!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @George Maxwell, I hope you are well! I found the course very helpful and it is by far the most comprehensive resource I used when preparing for my VS. I went into it confident in my abilities and having an idea of the kind of things to consider and clarify when assigned work, given a group task, etc. I'd recommend it to anyone that has an upcoming VS.

That being said, I was offered a training contract with Baker McKenzie a few days ago following the spring VS! I'll still be attending my other VS in the summer because BM has kindly extended my offer, but I am so pleased with this outcome. Thank you to @Jaysen for starting this platform, and to @Jessica Booker @James Carrabino @AvniD and of course, George for all your responses to my questions and contributions to the forum! I've taken the time to celebrate but wanted to express my gratitude for the forum - the support from the TCLA team and anonymous strangers, the articles that helped me prepare for interview and case study exercises, etc. My inbox is always open to help others on the forum in any way I can. I cannot guarantee quick responses with exams coming up soon 😅 but I'll do my best!
    Love posts like this - it is completely why we do what we do ❤️

Lovely to hear that you are happy to others too!

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021

This is amazing news @summer207, congratulations! We are grateful to have you with us :)

• Love
    Reactions: summer207
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.