General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahyee96

Feb 24, 2020
Anyone still waiting for CMS or Withers post application? I submitted CMS on the 6th Jan - worth emailing yet?

Also applied to CMS on 6 Jan and still waiting. That was their deadline so I'm not hopeful for them because I know a person with an offer from 2019.

Applied to Withers early Jan and am waiting for a reply post interview.

ChrisT

Feb 10, 2020
Hi all,

Just a quick question on V&E.

I completed their VI on the 12th of February and still have not heard back from them. Would it make sense to contact them or just wait? I anticipate a rejection at this point but I was wondering whether anyone else is in the same spot.

Many thanks!

Reactions: MJ90

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Hi all,

Just a quick question on V&E.

I completed their VI on the 12th of February and still have not heard back from them. Would it make sense to contact them or just wait? I anticipate a rejection at this point but I was wondering whether anyone else is in the same spot.

Many thanks!

Hey,

I wrote about this in the thread already I think.

There is no harm in sending an email, however, I can tell you that they have been running AC's last week and this week (with allegedly another 10 days to go) and there have been a LOT of people in attendance (I am sure my day had at least 7). Given that they offer 16-32 places on their VS, I expect they have a large pool of candidates to pick from. They may, having interviewed everyone, feel that they do not have enough. In this case, if you haven't heard, they may contact you.

As a caveat. I do not work in their GR and I am only expressing my views based on what I have seen and can fathom. But my evaluation seems reasonable in my eyes.

Reactions: ChrisT

Nik L

Dec 30, 2019
Leading on from the subject of A level grades and equivalent a few pages ago - out of curiosity, how do firms check these? Do they just ask for scans of your exam certificates/check them in person or is there some sort of centralised database which they go to?

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
Sep 6, 2018
Leading on from the subject of A level grades and equivalent a few pages ago - out of curiosity, how do firms check these? Do they just ask for scans of your exam certificates/check them in person or is there some sort of centralised database which they go to?

They will ask for original certificates and transcripts at some point.

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018

Some firms asked for me to bring them to my AC.
Others asked having made an offer.

All wanted copies initially, and then to see the originals in person after.

yahyee96

Feb 24, 2020
Anyone heard from BCLP recently? I submitted on New Years Day and their deadline was 19th Jan, so feel like I was within okay time, but I haven't heard a peep and i know AC's have gone on.

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Was this for TC offers or VS offers?

Also did they ask for GCSE transcripts?

VS.

Some firms asked to see GCSE's. Others didn't. What was certain, however, is that these needed to be provided in order to fully engage with the process.

Crastle

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
VS.

Some firms asked to see GCSE's. Others didn't. What was certain, however, is that these needed to be provided in order to fully engage with the process.
Ah I see - which firms were these if you don't mind me asking?

Also what about employment references? Were these needed for every piece of work experience you listed?

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Anyone heard from BCLP recently? I submitted on New Years Day and their deadline was 19th Jan, so feel like I was within okay time, but I haven't heard a peep and i know AC's have gone on.

I submitted deadline day and got invited to AC. I believe they are still holding more AC's but I am unsure. I believe others on the thread are still waiting also. Sorry the waiting game is so long for you :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.