General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Anyone applied for Arnold & Porter (either this cycle or in previous years) and know roughly how long they take to respond to applications after the deadline? Do they do video interviews, or do successful written applicants go straight to AC?

Reactions: Ifmhouse4

lexiak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
I've been waiting for almost two months for RS to provide feedback (which they promised) post AC. Is this too long? :/ I know other people are in the same boat.

I've chased this up a few times, but my emails/calls haven't been answered.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I've been waiting for almost two months for RS to provide feedback (which they promised) post AC. Is this too long? :/ I know other people are in the same boat.

I've chased this up a few times, but my emails/calls haven't been answered.

yes - feel free to chase up again...

Reactions: lexiak

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Saw this on my LinkedIn and thought I would share just in case it was of interest to anyone

Attachments

• 2E0D5102-46B4-4B4E-A9C4-325E5FAFBB18.jpeg
    2E0D5102-46B4-4B4E-A9C4-325E5FAFBB18.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: csyn and nymi

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I have a question - how much does work experience at a high street/regional firm help me in my applications? I’m looking to get some over the summer but as it’s unpaid I’m debating whether to do that or get another job somewhere else that’s non-Law related but paid. Would it put me in a position to apply for direct TCs?

Ayo Babatunde

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Does anyone have any tips for answering this question?: 'Please tell us about your most outstanding personal achievement and how it added value to the environment you were in'

Thanks so much in advance!!

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Does anyone have any tips for answering this question?: 'Please tell us about your most outstanding personal achievement and how it added value to the environment you were in'

Thanks so much in advance!!

think of something personal you achieved that was exceptional and think of the value if added to the community you are in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.