General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopelesscaseofwhat

May 12, 2019
I'm starting to worry quite a bit that I was speaking too fast/not speaking enough despite my efforts to be calm and speak clearly because I would sometimes finish my answer a whole 20-30 seconds before the timer ran out! Do you think that's a factor that could in itself hold me back?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm starting to worry quite a bit that I was speaking too fast/not speaking enough despite my efforts to be calm and speak clearly because I would sometimes finish my answer a whole 20-30 seconds before the timer ran out! Do you think that's a factor that could in itself hold me back?

It’s not necessarily an issue is you finish slightly earlier. Substance and delivery can be achieved in a shorter timeframe

Reactions: Ifmhouse4

CalU

Jan 5, 2020
Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and is well with all that is going on in the world!

I was just wondering whether anyone had heard back from Baker McKenzie post-VI? Successful or non-successful?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone! :)

Sam55

Esteemed Member
Jan 28, 2020
Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and is well with all that is going on in the world!

I was just wondering whether anyone had heard back from Baker McKenzie post-VI? Successful or non-successful?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone! :)

I don’t think so- I was one of the first to get a VI in late March and I haven’t heard anything. The email said we’d hear back ‘no later than May 4th’ so presumably we’ll hear back then.

851eg

Mar 6, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’ve just been invited to complete the online tests for Browne Jacobson (direct TC).

Could anyone who has done these advise me about the deductive reasoning test? I’m worried that this is similar to the WG (which I’ve been unsuccessful at previously)?

Thanks !

c1070

Esteemed Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys! Has anyone heard (anything) from macfarlanes for direct TC?

I know they’ll probs be working out what to do with vac schemers before getting back to us but just wondering...

Sam55

Esteemed Member
Jan 28, 2020

I know they’ll probs be working out what to do with vac schemers before getting back to us but just wondering...

Got a rejection email from Macfarlanes TC literally 2 minutes ago- so I guess they’re starting to look!

amb98

Distinguished Member
Feb 26, 2020

I emailed them earlier this week and they got back to me saying my application is in the second stage of review (not sure what this means) and that they'd respond by the end of May!

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
I don’t think so- I was one of the first to get a VI in late March and I haven’t heard anything. The email said we’d hear back ‘no later than May 4th’ so presumably we’ll hear back then.

Likewise, did mine fairly early compared to others and yet to hear back. Figure we’ll hear today or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.