General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Has anyone heard back from Vinson & Elkins, Gibson Dunn, Weil, Travers, Macs, TLT, AG, Dentons, HFW or Boodle for direct TC (just the London offices)?
HFW are notoriously slow..last year it took me 6 months to receive my rejection. V&E and Gibson hire predominantly from their VS so check on LinkedIn if someone posted about getting a tc after thier VS. AG...not yet

avocadotoast

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 15, 2020
    Has anyone heard back from Vinson & Elkins, Gibson Dunn, Weil, Travers, Macs, TLT, AG, Dentons, HFW or Boodle for direct TC (just the London offices)?

If it helps, you have to log onto your portal to check for an update on your AG and TLT apps. They don't send emails and it wasn't until I logged into my portal that I saw I was unsuccessful.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: LegalNim

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    If it helps, you have to log onto your portal to check for an update on your AG and TLT apps. They don't send emails and it wasn't until I logged into my portal that I saw I was unsuccessful.
    Thank you for your advice.
    I am checking everyday and they have not replied yet.

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Thanks for this. I've checked them both and neither have been updated. I'm sorry to hear you were rejected. Was that this cycle for London?

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 14, 2020
    Hi everyone,

This time last year I was rejected for a TC after completing a vacation scheme at a firm I already worked at.. it left me really deflated and unmotivated. I thought a TC would just always be out of reach.

Fast forward a year, I have today been offered a TC at Pinsent Masons!!! I could not have picked up the motivation to start applications again without the help of TCLA and so many of the wonderful individuals on here. So a huge huge thanks to everyone on here!

Resilience really is key and I truly believe everyone will get there eventually!! to anyone struggling with motivation, KEEP GOING!
    Amazing!! Well done :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: PSM

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

This time last year I was rejected for a TC after completing a vacation scheme at a firm I already worked at.. it left me really deflated and unmotivated. I thought a TC would just always be out of reach.

Fast forward a year, I have today been offered a TC at Pinsent Masons!!! I could not have picked up the motivation to start applications again without the help of TCLA and so many of the wonderful individuals on here. So a huge huge thanks to everyone on here!

Resilience really is key and I truly believe everyone will get there eventually!! to anyone struggling with motivation, KEEP GOING!

Posts like this literally make my day!

Congratulations on your TC :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

Such good news, really well done - I'm sure this will be an inspiration to many!

• 🤝
    Reactions: PSM
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.