General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cer96

Star Member
Future Trainee
Aug 13, 2020

Ah I'm sorry to hear that, but as others have said I'm sure there will be better news in the future, and I feel like getting to the interview is something you should definitely be proud of & take confidence from for future applications!

Last edited:

nymi

Distinguished Member
Nov 21, 2019
hello,

this might sound a very silly question. I am trying to find a firm's annual review report, however, I can't find it even on their website. Does anyone know where to specifically find it?

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
hello,

this might sound a very silly question. I am trying to find a firm's annual review report, however, I can't find it even on their website. Does anyone know where to specifically find it?

So google the name of the firm followed by companies house

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I would like to know this as well, also waiting to hear back post direct TC app. Best of luck :)
That's the last email I received from them: "Thank you for making an application for the 2022 Training Contract.

We have received a very high volume of applications so it would be very helpful if you can please refrain from contacting the Graduate Recruitment team about the progress of your application. We expect to be able to provide an update about your application by early September.

Thanks for your patience at this busy time."

Reactions: Deleted member 5185

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I thought the last possible start date for the GDL was this September. Is it still possible to start the GDL in 2021?

It was always the case you could start the GDL before August 2021, so the January 2021 intake would have been the last one.

However, the SRA have delayed the transition period and now you can start the GDL anytime up to 31 December 2021 as long as you have committed to the course by 31 August 2021. It sounds like some providers may squeeze in one last intake that starts in December 2021 after the typical September intake just to get one last cohort in before the deadline.

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
Jan 27, 2020
Ah I'm sorry to hear that, but as others have said I'm sure there will be better news in the future, and I feel like getting to the interview is something you should definitely be proud of & take confidence from for future applications!

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did your interview take place? Just trying to get a sense for whether Farrer's are still interviewing & looking for candidates or if they're likely making final decisions soon.
Hey hey thank you for your kind words! I had my interview on the 10th of august and they contacted me to arrange it about 1.5 weeks prior

D

Deleted member 5185

That's the last email I received from them: "Thank you for making an application for the 2022 Training Contract.

We have received a very high volume of applications so it would be very helpful if you can please refrain from contacting the Graduate Recruitment team about the progress of your application. We expect to be able to provide an update about your application by early September.

Thanks for your patience at this busy time."

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.