General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

fk1235

Jun 30, 2020
Rejection from Sidley Austin 2022 TC :'(

Really thought I nailed my answers on this one. Did anyone hear back positively? Want to know if it's just that they filled their TC from the VS cohort or...

they rejd me too just saying they prefer to recruit from the vacation scheme, but their HR Manager asked me to go on the virtual one in Dec because they thought my app was strong

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Linklaters said their WGT is needed to be taken after 5 days.

Deadline for WVS is tommorow, so should I do it by tommorrow, or take what they say to be true, and do it whenever(as long as it's within 5 days..?0

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Linklaters said their WGT is needed to be taken after 5 days.

Deadline for WVS is tommorow, so should I do it by tommorrow, or take what they say to be true, and do it whenever(as long as it's within 5 days..?0

Typically just means the application deadline, not the test deadline.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Sorry, just to confirm, the test can be taken(and be counted for), even after the app deadline, providing it is done by the stipulated day!

Usually that is the case. Candidates are typically given the exact same amount of time to do the test, and so if you submitted on the application deadline you would have 5 days from then.

But that is the usual process

Serah O

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I want to scream.

Finally secured a vac scheme after three years of trying only for it to be postponed.

Someone up there is screwing with me and I don’t like it:mad:

Update:
I successfully completed my scheme in September (virtually) and accepted a training contract at the firm!

Even after a month, I still can't believe it. I remember how crushed I was when I first applied and was rejected at the application stage. To now have a training contract with White & Case is, as cliché as it may sound, a dream come true.

I honestly couldn't have done it without the help of other candidates on this forum, and the wonderful resources that Jaysen and his team pooled together.
To express my gratitude I'm uploading my 2018 (which failed at the application stage) and 2019 application. I hope it will be of help to those making applications.
Best of luck everyone and thank you for being such a supportive community! x

PS I'll still hang around and try to help wherever I can.

Attachments

• White and Case 2018.pdf
    204.4 KB · Views: 203
  • White and Case 2019.pdf
    208.9 KB · Views: 298

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Update: I successfully completed my scheme in September (virtually) and accepted a training contract at the firm!

Even after a month, I still can't believe it. I remember how crushed I was when I first applied and was rejected at the application stage. To now have a training contract with White & Case is, as cliché as it may sound, a dream come true.

I honestly couldn't have done it without the help of other candidates on this forum, and the wonderful resources that Jaysen and his team pooled together.
To express my gratitude I'm uploading my 2018 (which failed at the application stage) and 2019 application. I hope it will be of help to those making applications.

I don’t know if you remember but you really helped me out in getting my first ever AC... so this makes me so incredibly happy to see you have secured a training contract!! You deserve it so much :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Update: I successfully completed my scheme in September (virtually) and accepted a training contract at the firm!

Huge congrats that's amazing news! So happy for you Serah :D

• 🤝
    Reactions: Serah O

em311

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 15, 2019

Congratulations!!! This sounds very well deserved and your motivation is inspiring!

Thank you so much for uploading applications too! Hopefully we will all be able to post news like yours too☺️

• 🤝

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Ah this is incredible - a huge well done to you!

• 🤝
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.